HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to quit

Post Thanks / Like

Default I want to quit

Fishing is amazing. Its relaxing and it's fun. But when the past 2 months have gone by and I am feet away from people who are catching fish and I'm standing there just holding a pole for hours, it gets frustrating. The joy is gone. There is no excitement because I'm not catching anything! So why keep fishing????? If I cant catch a fish, why fish?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Keep at it, soon you be pulling them it. Watch your line, and maybe use a lighter jig.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I went through the same thing with deer hunting........then one of those days when I was sitting in the stand crying to myself about wasting time deer hunting, a big nice buck steps out. Give it time, keep at it and the rewards of filling the cooler up with crappie will come

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2014 Stinger 195
    Drift master rod holders
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

​Hang in there, don’t hang it up. Fish closer to the grass, closer to the brush. Just don’t get hung up. Good luck.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledSlab View Post
    ​Hang in there, don’t hang it up. Fish closer to the grass, closer to the brush. Just don’t get hung up. Good luck.
    number 1 rule of crappie fishing " if you ain't getting hung up, you're fishing in the wrong place"
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Redge, SpeckledSlab, mando LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

there is a thing called perseverance and I can tell you for sure at some point you will figure out what aint just right and when you do it will be a thing of beauty ,crappie fishing is one sport that frustrates even the best angler at times .
    there are days I get to watch as well and sometimes its location and sometimes its something more subtle . one thing for certain the spawn is not far away and if you know an area they spawn in it will for sure get better .
    hang in there and do your best to copy cat whatever the ones ketchn the fish are doing ….
    and to be sure someone like me might just come along and fine tune you a bit if all else fails ….
    on a side note ….there are guides in the broken bow area I know that will teach you …..
    Mark Maguire I think is still guiding up that way ….prostaff for fle fly ...he is real good at ketchn crappie for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks BAFishBarn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I agree with what's been said. Keep at it! However, if you are looking for a bit of direction from the folks here, we need a bit more information.

Such as: what kind of waters are you fishing - ponds, reservoirs, rivers.

What type of presentations have you tried - casting, trolling, vertical jigging.

What kind of lures are you using - minnows, jig/plastic combos, crankbaits.

What is the water clarity - dingy, clear, heavily stained.

I'm guessing you are fishing from a boat, but if not we need to know that as well. There are many factors that come into play when fishing for any species and in particular, crappie. As the old verse goes, if you doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results.....well you know how that goes!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes JayByrd LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAFishBarn View Post
    Fishing is amazing. Its relaxing and it's fun. But when the past 2 months have gone by and I am feet away from people who are catching fish and I'm standing there just holding a pole for hours, it gets frustrating. The joy is gone. There is no excitement because I'm not catching anything! So why keep fishing????? If I cant catch a fish, why fish?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Its ironic that you posted this. I am rather new to serious crappy fishing. A buddy and I decided we would fish a local tournament series. Well we started pre fishing. We couldnt catch a cold. We all but decided not to fish the tournament but we did. We talked to a few folks at the sign in and they helped us. Find a club or tournament in you area and go talk to folks....
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Part of what I like about crappie fishing is the challenge. It took me years to figure crappie out here on Texoma. I stayed after it and results happened. Since I love to fish an unproductive trip is still time spent on the water. Up to now I have not caught a crappie in the main lake in February but I have only been at it 15 years. Still Monday morning I’m going again. Being retired and a stubborn old cus I’m going to stay at it until results happen. The rest of the year crappie are easy but on my lake in the winter crappie are difficult.

Dont give up and as said before and give some specifics you will probably get some good advice.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

keep fishing only if you enjoy it .catching will come if you keep at it.i no how you feel about about days like that.3 weeks ago i fished 4 days caught 70 .went yesterday not a fish.but i will try today taking a friends grand son.keep on this site an you will find good info.if you fish rought,find crappie monsters u tube videos,thet are very good.i no it was mentioned about guide if you can $ find one that will show you how to ,that is $ well spent.good luck.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast