HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: double minnow rig question

Post Thanks / Like

Default double minnow rig question

Thinking about making a pile of my own rigs... Planning on a jighead on bottom to use with plastic and/or minnow, come up to an egg sinker, then up to a 3 way crossline swivel to run a hook off of that

Question - what size of crossline swivel do I need? I think I saw at one point someone said size 8, but can't find the info again... any help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Smallest one you can find.... I do mine pretty close to that but do a jig on bottom up to a barrel swivel then bead egg sinker then three way.... I like the sliding weights I’m not crazy about looping the line through the weight to hold it

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes RogerA, wannagofishin, GREENFISH LIKED above post
    Thanks J.M. thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use size 7

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think it would matter all that much, since the fish aren't going to be attracted or distracted by it. If they were distracted, they'd shy away from those big lead weights we use.

FWIW ... I was gifted a box of "Spider Rigging" weights and terminal tackle from a friend of mine that Spider Rigged 99% of the time. Included was a pack of Sampo three-way swivels size 8

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not saying this is the right way or wrong way, just the way I prefer to tie mine. Don’t like the 3 way at all. And using snaps I can tie up much fewer rig’s than tying everything on.

Name:  59DE0BA7-CB0A-4145-9A5E-565258182689.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  67.0 KB
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post