Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure not missing Chicago weather...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure not missing Chicago weather...

Dang cold.

Name:  IMG_9469.JPG
Views: 424
Size:  371.3 KB

Makes me smile when I see this and now live in Florida. Stay warm y’all.

I remember going ice fishing many moons ago when it was 15 below. The propane froze. Could not light the heater. We still fished and caught a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes S10CHEVY, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow, that -52 is exactly 100 degrees colder than right now here. No way, nope, yall can have all that to yourselves. Stay warm fellas, somehow, some way. Protect your family and critters from it.
    Likes Slab, Slabprowler, steve64116 LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw that on news last night. Was wondering if Wilbur could get that diesel truck of his started so he could haul gravel today.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Holy cow, that -52 is exactly 100 degrees colder than right now here. No way, nope, yall can have all that to yourselves. Stay warm fellas, somehow, some way. Protect your family and critters from it.
    I believe that's wind-chill temps,not actual temps, still a chilly day though.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya Slab I to remember them days. Getting up to go to work at the dealership. Ice fishing on lake lindenhurst, Deep lake. Living in NC for 30 years now, mom and dad are living down in Champaign.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    dave
    in currituck
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  cold-outside-meme.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  26.3 KB
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Spent some time in the Navy's "A" school back in the 60's in Chicago. Tough place to live in the wintertime! They don't call it the "windy city" for nothing. The "P" coats weren't worth much to keep you warm. We're suppose to have -5 degrees here tonight (after that storm), with a high in the low teen for Thursday. That's plenty bad enough!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

We hit 15 below this morning without the windchill. Wind currently is gusting at 30mph from the west with a real feel tempurature of minus 32!

The other night in northern Minn, a buddy of mine had minus 33 ACTUAL tempurature!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I totally get it!!! As a military dependent growing up I had the vivid recollection of living in Fairbanks Alaska, Anchorage Alaska and Grand Forks North Dakota (among other places) where these types of paralyzing conditions and temperatures were all too prevalent in the winter months. Even later in life, after joining the US Navy, I did a year at (the Chicago area) Great Lakes Illinois for basic training and "A" School during which time I had the great privilege of being snowed in by blizzard conditions at O'Haire Airport for two days that I thought would never end. I also got to go out on the ice on the great lakes where people drove all manner of cars, trucks, snowmobiles and ice skating contraptions of all descriptions. I remember that it was S-O-O-O-O freaky to hear the way the ice was always cracking and how you could hear the cracks running across the lake... making a sound that I cannot even begin to describe. Wishing safety for all who are in the way of these dangerous winter conditions.
    Last edited by Special K; 01-30-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Slab, Crestliner08, steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the atv from plowing snow for the last 2 hours. -27 wind chill, -2 real temp. It didn't feel that cold but the chin whiskers had a nice ice berg when I was done.

Slab, I feel the same way when it's 95 down there during the summer and 75 up here. I'll do -2 over 95 any day. I can always put on more clothes but there's only so many I can take off.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast