Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: small creek/river crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default small creek/river crappie fishing

iv never really seen vids of people fishing for crappie in creeks rivers i live in missisisppi so id think most creeks rivers would be slap full of them. for instance the spillway that starts the creek in my city when i throw my cast net out at the top of the spillway to catch bait fish i probably catch around 200 crappie per cast lol. its slap full of them so id think creeks reservoirs would be an amazing place to catch them

or am i missing something? is it just hard to locate them? curious what the vets think on crappie fishing in creeks/small rivers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    iv never really seen vids of people fishing for crappie in creeks rivers i live in missisisppi so id think most creeks rivers would be slap full of them. for instance the spillway that starts the creek in my city when i throw my cast net out at the top of the spillway to catch bait fish i probably catch around 200 crappie per cast lol. its slap full of them so id think creeks reservoirs would be an amazing place to catch them

or am i missing something? is it just hard to locate them? curious what the vets think on crappie fishing in creeks/small rivers
    I can’t answer that but if you tell us location there will be 200 crappie fishermen visit it soon! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

for instance id think grenada spillway would be an insane spot for crappie given its the largest lake in missisisippi and has narrow spillway compared to like ross barnett which is smaller but the spillway it has is seriously 4 times larger than grenadas thinner the creek should be easier to catch id think