HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total crappie newb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Total crappie newb

I've been bass fishing for about 2 years but never caught any crappie and the bug really hit me and I want to land some slabs!!

I live in Tulsa, Ok. Does anyone know of good places close around tulsa/broken arrow to fish for crappie? Ponds locally are cool but if it's one of the rivers or lakes even that's fine.

I've done alot of reading about crappie baits and lures and want to try it out where I know there are crappie.

Thanks everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

As fair as lures and such I've got crappie bites, some jig heads and grubs and some small crappie spinnerbaits. Besides minnows and worms what else works best for everyone?

Post Thanks / Like

from Tennessee.

I like to use jigs (Bobby Garland and Mr. Crappie) and crank baits (Bandits, Picos and Arkies).

Post Thanks / Like

Also you might try posting on your OK State board for more specific info on lakes in your area.
    Good luck.
    Thanks BAFishBarn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Oklahoma well but the limit is real high on them there and lots of the lakes up there are loaded up with them .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard bank fishing for crappie in lakes can be at times impossible. I've got a boat but no electronics on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! You're in the right place for starters for sure. Post in your state's forum here and also visit a local sportings good store. At the store you can inquire about local fish & game clubs in your area which you can join. They may not be directly related to crappie fishing, but it's the general fishing information you need to have. And, some I'm sure in those clubs fish for crappie as well.

As you progress, ask questions here. A great bunch of guys with vast crappie fishing knowledge. Doesn't get any better than this!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Thanks BAFishBarn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate it Crest. A big question I have is how to locate crappie from the bank. I have a river close by that has to have crappie in it. But from the bank I dont know to fish deep, shallow, etc....

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    We have some members here from Broken Arrow and that area. I suggest you post on the Oklahoma board. https://www.crappie.com/crappie/oklahoma/
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted in the general oklahoma forum and haven't gotten a reply yet. But I would love to link up with some other fishermen and learn in person.

Likes "G" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast