Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, where ar the fish????

Post Thanks / Like

Default OK, where ar the fish????

My hibernation for winter part 2 is over.:D Haven't been out in about 10 days. Anybody been on East Fork. I'm sure the water temp has dropped dramatically. Anybody know what it is, or had any luck. Gonna get out tomorrow and find out for myself finally. :D I plan on fishing at least three days this week. Gonna be like fishing early March I'd say, while this year March was like what this time of year should be like. Gotta love this Ohio weather. Global warming? HAH!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure on where the fish are I havent been out since the last tourney I plan on getting out wed. morning. Let us know how you do speckwick.

Bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a few about 7 feet deep in 15-20 feet of water on minnows. Bite was exteremely slow. We didn't get on the water till about 6 pm, so they may have been a little more active while the sun was warm. We tried shallow, deep, in tight, on and off cover. This crazy weather just has them all messed up I guess. Hard to believe we fished in 75-80 degree temps the last week of March and first of April, and now we are looking at snow for this weekend. I would have thought they would be on the nest or done by now. Hard telling what this will do to the spawn for this spring. A lot of those fish April 1st were full of eggs and the water was warming up nice. Now it's low 50s or worse. I'm sure the fishing a couple years down the road will suffer for this quick warm up then cold snap.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been in 2 weeks. Went to Ky Lake last week, it was tough fishing. We found fish but a had trouble holding the boat due to high wind in areas we were fishing. Most of our fish we 12"-14" and the females were still full of eggs. Normally we go the 3rd week in April and still catch fish full of eggs.

I dought this front has really messed up the spawn, just the fishing. Last year I was kind of keeping track of how late I was I was catching fish with eggs still in them. Unfortunately, I didn't write the date down for last date fish had eggs, but I know it was towards the end of May. I think 3rd week.

So, as an aide to my failing memory and an intrest to all of us why don't we start a new thread (something like EF crappie still have eggs) the next time somebody cleans a few and see how long it goes on. I think most will be surprised at how long the spawn will go on and how late some fish hit the beds. I know, I was last year.

A few weeks, after I THOUGHT the spawn was over, I started catching fish with eggs again but they weren't on the banks but were in 10 deep in 12- 15 fow. Was this a fluke or does this go on every year. The number of fish with eggs wasn't as high as earlier but still some had not spawned.

I always figured the spawn as kind of like the rut. So go a little earlier or later than others. Natures way of having at least part of a year class survive in case of a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like some nice weather coming up, might get a few in the fryer:D
    This time last year I had caught tons of fish.
    JESUS CHRIST AND AMERICAN G.I.'s ARE THE ONLY TWO DEFINING FORCES THAT
    EVER COULD OR DID DIE FOR YOU. ONE DIED FOR YOUR SOUL; AND THE OTHER
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm going to try and take advantage of this weather this weekend. May try to go both days.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be out Saturday on EF. Gonna take my boys out, so I may not get to do much fishing myself. But it'll be fun to watch them catch some fish. They are finally all old enough to enjoy fishing and have an idea how to do it. This should be a fun year. I just hope I can have the same patience to teach them that my dad did with me.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

We have had our boys 6, 4 both fishing good last year my 6 yr old has drove the boat with the trolling motor on a gravel pit. just a 14 ft alum. We got them their own ugly sticks with trigger reels. Good luck! Have a good time!
    JESUS CHRIST AND AMERICAN G.I.'s ARE THE ONLY TWO DEFINING FORCES THAT
    EVER COULD OR DID DIE FOR YOU. ONE DIED FOR YOUR SOUL; AND THE OTHER
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at Ef tomorrow as well. Enjoy the Kids while you can, they grow too quickly. Good luck and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day on the water Saturday. We probably caught 40 plus crappie in about 4 hours. The boys had a blast. EF is starting to turn on again with the temps finally getting where they should be. A lot of the males are darkening up and the females have eggs, so maybe the cold snap hasn't hurt things as much as I had feared. Now that the boys understand that they have eggs this time of year, they insisted we put all the fish back to have their babies. Kinda hard to argue with that.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast