HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huckabee rods

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Huckabee rods

Would like to have the dipping rod but want reel seat of some type . Which rod is closest in comparison ? I think the pulling rod based on both being medium weight(not sure about tip bend ) . Will check them out at grizzly next week . Since I fish very little with someone single pole fishing I prefer the 12 ft . models also .

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth... I fish with the older model Dippin rod and haven't had any issues with the rings coming loose after lots of use.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check with Nimrod on the AR board....all he uses is Huckaby rods....he single poles and sometimes hold one in each hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post
    Thanks NIMROD thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huckabee rods

Your closest as far as action to the dipping is going to be the pulling rod. All I use is Huckabee’s and I fish with several of the models including the dipping stick and haven’t had a problem with the Tennessee handle. My #1 is the 10’’ 7”” Pro Series. Whichever one you choose you will love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RK1 View Post
    Your closest as far as action to the dipping is going to be the pulling rod. All I use is Huckabee’s and I fish with several of the models including the dipping stick and haven’t had a problem with the Tennessee handle. My #1 is the 10’’ 7”” Pro Series. Whichever one you choose you will love them

I love a 12 ft. rod , since I either fish solo or in my boat 99% of the time . Might try the pro in a 12 ft. if not the pulling rod . Will see them at the Grizzly show I am sure . Want to see the new rods from b/m also .

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: You should be able to have a custom rod builder put any type of handle you want on your rod. Good Luck . O - R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RK1 View Post

RK1 can you give an overview of the Huckabee rods. I see all the specs on there page, but curious why you like the Pro Series over the Meat Dragger and others you mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

My overview on the models I own

10’ dipping stick, lightest pole with spinning guides. I use it for pitching 1/32-1/16 oz jigs. I like the softer rod for the lighter weights.

10’ meat dragger- By far the stiffest and most sensitive rod with the most back bone you will ever own. No problem swinging 2lb fish right into the boat. I use it for single poling in heavy brush or cypress trees. When you hook the fish it is out of the cover and in the boat quick no playing around.

10’7” Pro Series- these are awesome all around rods with just a slightly softer tip than the meat dragger, but still a ton of backbone. I like them for ‘strolling’. Rod in each hand with 2 jigs on each. 1/4 on bottom, 1/8 on top easing around very slowly through suspended fish.

7’ Dingo- I use this for casting and counting down jigs or ‘cast and drag’ weedless jigs through brush. Very sensitive, light, and casts well.

Likes TRIMDAT LIKED above post
    Thanks BDBFishing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RK1, I grew up bass fishing in heavy cover with a flipping stick, that Meat Dragger seems to fit exactly how I love to bass fish.

Post Thanks / Like

The Oklahoma boys have it figured out and the style is starting to grow, get ya a meat dragger some 10-12lb mono, 1/4oz jig heads and big 2-3” baits you’ll be amazed

Likes NIMROD, TRIMDAT LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast