Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When and where

Post Thanks / Like

Default When and where

Hi

My name is John and I知 new to this site . I Live in IL and I知 looking to try something new . I fish Illinois ,Wisconsin and Minnesota . I love crappies and I知 looking to try a place where I can take my boat with my wife and German Shorthair Pointer. Any feedback on lake Grenada and where to stay with dog or Lake Shelbyville? I tried Kentucky Lake last spring and water temp was 86 and fishing was challenging in dirty hot water . Caught Big catfish but only 3 dink痴 for crappies .
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

from L-ville Ky !!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Cut Throat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

muddy waters are a different bird than what your used to ….
    scent noise flash gaudy large and bright is likely some things to think about if you hit turbid waters
    just saying
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little "skeptical" on seeing 86deg water in the Spring on KY Lake. But, on the dirty water part ... yep, been there / done that in the Spring (late Apr) on KY/Barkley and had to go into the flooded live trees in about 3-4fow and drop a minner under a float (about 18" deep) around the trunks of those flooded trees to catch any Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I assure you it was 86 degrees but it was late spring I guess . It was pretty hot .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I'm a little "skeptical" on seeing 86deg water in the Spring on KY Lake. But, on the dirty water part ... yep, been there / done that in the Spring (late Apr) on KY/Barkley and had to go into the flooded live trees in about 3-4fow and drop a minner under a float (about 18" deep) around the trunks of those flooded trees to catch any Crappie.