HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer Bracket for Powerdrive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer Bracket for Powerdrive

This may sound crazy but has anyone tried mounting their transducer on a separate rod/shaft so you don’t have to deal with the whole extra cord mess? I’m thing of making something that will be mounted to the release lever. Just curious before I re-invent the wheel if anyone out there has already done it. One factor I’m not sure about is how far out the transducer will have to stick out past the trolling motor to avoid interference. There has to be a better way than what everybody has been doing. This whole set up is aggravating. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

da ducer apparatus(R) - Podunk (po dungk) A small isolated town, region, or place that is regarded as unimportant. . . .
    Rickie is a member on here.

Cornfield crappie also makes a setup to clamp on shaft that works pretty good.

cornfieldcrappiegear | Product Page
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G", vfourmax, Clint LIKED above post
    Thanks chulai1968 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    da ducer apparatus(R) - Podunk (po dungk) A small isolated town, region, or place that is regarded as unimportant. . . .
    Rickie is a member on here.

Cornfield crappie also makes a setup to clamp on shaft that works pretty good.

cornfieldcrappiegear | Product Page
    I use a home brewed set up similar to the above. I actually like it better than a trolling motor mount as every adjustment to the direction of the trolling motor does not also affect the side scan view.