Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Magnet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Magnet

Anyone have experience shooting docks with the crappie magnet. My main question is do they skip well?
    Thanks
    SH

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't use the Magnets, but a 1.5" stinger shad body on a 1/16oz jig skips about as good as any ... so I'd venture to say that a Magnet would, also. Even a hollow tube jig will skip just fine, as with these two, if your aim is true and the trajectory angle is very close to parallel to the water. Also ... the calmer the water's surface, the more chance the bait has of skipping on it.
    Likes Herewego, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i have been using them and they do skip very well. I use from a 1/32 to 1/8 and catch fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I appreciate your thoughts.
    Regards
    SH

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can skip about anything but a flat sided bait works best. 1/32 #6 and a 2” stinger bait like a Bobby Garland baby shad is a food example. Lots of others fit the bill but most folks know what they look like and get the idea.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

ask Alphahawk, although skipping isn't his thing, he know the TM lineup well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    ask Alphahawk, although skipping isn't his thing, he know the TM lineup well.
    I will leave this to the dock shooting experts. I’ve done it from time to time but where I fish there really aren’t too many docks. But I would think the Slab Magnet would skip better than a Crappie Magnet simply as Skeet says....it is flat sided. I do know that as far as “shooting” docks many are quite successful doing that with the Crappie Magnet.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post