HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Research Chemist in KC claims he has developed magic bullet for Asian Carp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Research Chemist in KC claims he has developed magic bullet for Asian Carp

https://activistangler.com/f/a-poiso...for-asian-carp

According to this chemist in and Kansas City, he has developed the magic bullet and it costs less that $2 per pound. He is seeking investors to take this commercial.
    2017 Ranger RT188C Shadow Grass Camo
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice
    Thanks wolfhnd thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an info-mercial looking for money. Makes some great claims as to what it will do but it really gives no proof or backing as to it validity.

I would think that state departments battling the carp problem would support it and buy the product if the product was scientifically proven to do as advertised and also proven to be safe for the waters and other non targeted species it was used in.

Just call me skeptical on "wonder" fixes popping up without plenty of data to back up all the claims with no ill side effects!

Post Thanks / Like

That thought crossed my mind as well. Heres another thought, governments move like glaciers, and then there is the EPA, probably take 100 tests to finally convince them.
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Northforker View Post
    That thought crossed my mind as well. Heres another thought, governments move like glaciers, and then there is the EPA, probably take 100 tests to finally convince them.
    Basically though anything you are putting into the water system and that could affect everything in the entire eco system I prefer they take their time and test it extensively before they introduce it. Just like the carp, was supposed to be a helpful thing in the beginning but look at where we are now.

Sometimes the slow way forward may be the best way forward depending on what the outcome of making a mistake in your calculations may hold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    Basically though anything you are putting into the water system and that could affect everything in the entire eco system I prefer they take their time and test it extensively before they introduce it. Just like the carp, was supposed to be a helpful thing in the beginning but look at where we are now.

Sometimes the slow way forward may be the best way forward depending on what the outcome of making a mistake in your calculations may hold.
    They have known about this invasive species since they escaped in 1980, thats 38 years, slow enough for you?
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice
    Likes Cane Pole, GREENFISH, Pantastic LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Northforker View Post
    They have known about this invasive species since they escaped in 1980, thats 38 years, slow enough for you?
    But that does not in any way mean this new "fix" to a problem whether the problem itself has been going on 38 days or 38 years makes this worthy of risking of causing more future problems by not taking WHATEVER TIME is needed to guarantee that 3 years from now we are not participating in a thread of "what were they thinking, doing this before they knew it would kill everything in the water and it may be decades before anything will be able to survive there again!"

There was a time that the carp were supposed to be a solution for a problem also but we see the results when things got out of control on that front and if we had it to do over again I am sure with the knowledge of today they probably would have made a different decision.

Better to be slow and right than jump into yet another possible screw up because you do not take the time to be sure of the end results before you pull the trigger.
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us informed of further developments, thanks.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

He was having success with it killing Koi, so it is not specific to bighead or silver carp. Sounds like it's specific to the carp family. There are many of them. Do we
    need them? I don't know but I would not want to be a part of wiping them all out.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok let’s say it works, who knows how many carp are actually out there and the effects of the tons of rotting fish in the water that will come after the fact?
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be licensed through the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act. That could take years for the testing to be completed.

ClearCreek

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast