Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Owners of multiple boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Owners of multiple boats.

Ran across a deal on an 1860 Wareagle I could not pass up!! I recently traded my Xpress off for a tritoon but kept all my gear and rigged the tritton for crappie fishing.....works wonderful and LOVE having all the extra room!! Well I had been looking for another aluminum to fish backwater with and fish when I am by myself.

Ran across this boat on Facebook and bought it sight unseen just from the two pics posted and speaking with the gentleman. It is already rigged for crappie fishing but the electronics are outdated and that is were my questions are leading to.

I run birds (Helix mega) rigged up on the toon but I do not leave them on the boat, I also have my older units 859 & 999 that are in perfect shape that I could put on the W/E.

Would you just use the older units and not worry with jockeying the Helix units back and forth? I am kinda partial to the Helix mainly because of the Ultrex but the old units were displaying great images before I replaced them.

Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I would determine what boat i plan on using the most and upgrade it. I have the same problem, I have a 18' and a 20' and had to do the same so I did what I suggested. I now have both boats have Garmin units and have been really happy.
    Likes ShowmeCrappie, DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d install the older units and not look back. Nothing wrong with either of those units.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G", ShowmeCrappie, Herewego, Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My boats have the same Lowrance wiring. I just move the head units to what boat I wanna use. I can run anything with the blue or red power connector. Very convenient and lots easier to remember "how to use it" buttons.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes ShowmeCrappie, sweathermon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well one of my favorite guys to watch, Whitey Outlaw, fishes backwater areas out of a War Eagle, and I don't remember seeing (any) electronics on it. Another is Richard Gene, and his electronics might rate one step above having none also.
    If I had what you have id be using them, and not be doing any swapping.
    Likes "G", ShowmeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up with a 13" b/w tv. It worked great for the 3 channels we received and was just fine to watch. Moving forward, I now have a 60", high def, color, 4k, etc, etc, etc. Try watching a black and white program nowadays after watching color for so long. Same with size.
    I ran into the same issue with ff's. The old ones still work as good as they always did but this new technology sure is better and I'm already used to the helix mega. Heck, I'm disappointed that I went with the 9" instead of the 12"!
    Likes ShowmeCrappie, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have pirates here. I leave nothing electronic on me boats. I keep my stuff inside. Ima use to moving stuff around me boats. Besides, there is less chance of corrosion of connectors.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Blackjeepjk, Redge, ShowmeCrappie, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    We have pirates here. I leave nothing electronic on me boats. I keep my stuff inside. Ima use to moving stuff around me boats. Besides, there is less chance of corrosion of connectors.
    X2 for me as well.
    Likes ShowmeCrappie LIKED above post