Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mid January report in DFW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid January report in DFW

Nothing much new to report ….they got the creek I like running hard and so as you know the crappie ketchn there is at a halt ….the brazos river is much the same and is a bust this year as of this moment from what I hear as well .
    The ponds we like have about 30 more days before the fish come in to the bank best I can tell you and the 3 other spots I hit this time of year are docks on 3 different lakes and the bite is ok to good on them.
    I didn't do well on one of them this week due to I imagine getting there late in the day and the other one I hit was pretty ok on an am visit and a pm visit 2 different days .
    Fish are hugging the bottom for the most part and a foot or less off the bottom and still as you can hold it gets bites .
    I hear this color and that color is best everywhere I go and have found in many cases white chart and or white is about as good as anything else .
    Hopefully I will get out to a spot I have not hit this year , I hear tell of some large fat fish in 30 plus fow and as you well know a 2 lb crappie makes for a smile …
    and a good selfie if one is so inclined ….
    SK and I hit one spot this last week and found a few
    and I hope to hit it with him next week …
    included are the 4 colors I am carrying in my pocket btw ...
    have a good day and a nice weekend ...
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

do those monkey milk do ok in stained or dirty water? i hear talk of them but all lakes I fish are always dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, and some fine fish!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I’m still throwing the tiny stuff and doing well. Colors don’t vary much, but then I don’t try much new stuff either. Finally found some 3/4” floats and bought ten, could only find 1” up til now. These things are just the right size. Finding enough to keep me and my guests happy so all is good. Hope the flowing water settles down and things get back to normal.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Over here in eastern NC our waters have been screwed up since Florence. We have been at continues flood stage since September. My crappie fishing and white perch fishing has been terrible this year. Hoping for summer when things slow down lake level wise and fish gang up on cover. Right now they're scattered everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report,nice catch.