Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a little carpet help...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a little carpet help...

I'm not an idiot, and consider myself pretty handy and capable. I have an Alumnacraft Bass Boat that I have to replace the carpet on....original carpet, and it is THIN and TEARING! I've put it off for a couple years, but it needs some attention. With all of the fisher"people" here, I know someone has some hints, tips, DO's and DON'Ts.

Also, what carpet is a good carpet to use? I have researched different ones, and of course everyone has an opinion. Is there a specific thickness I am needing? Is there a specific brand to steer clear from? I have $350 credit to Bass Pro, and would like to get it there.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Gotta get the boat done in order to get my kiddos on the water!

Thanks, in advance, for the expertise and knowledge!

mrwillis

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you want to replace the old carpeting with new? If you are going through all the trouble of tearing up the old stuff, why not consider something like a Rhino Liner coating instead. The stuff is much more durable and tremendously easier to clean than carpeting. Last longer too. Most Home Depot & Lowes stores carry this kind of semi-liquid coating which can be painted on, or in some cases sprayed on. Granted, it may not look as pretty as carpeting, but then again, after a few years I've never seen any carpeting that looks good anyway. JMO.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that, but that stuff also seems to really attract the heat! When I fish, I'm out there A LOT, and for A LONG TIME! We also swim off the boat, and I know that stuff would be SUPER WARM (too warm) for the wife to sunbathe on. I even looked at the vinyl....same complaint. If it was my River Jon that I catfish and run nets with....ABSOLUTELY! Thanks for the reply, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the heat. When it is a 100* out, my dog can't stay I the back of my Linex back end. another thing to think about, if you used Rhino Liner- not the Lowes stuff- it weighs 1# per square foot. That would add up.
    Likes mrwillis LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got my carpet at Lowe’s when I redid my old boat.