Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Hummingbird Improved?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Is Hummingbird Improved?

I've run Garmin electronics for years, but unless you're in the market for a GPS or combo, it seems Garmin is slowly getting out of the fishfinder business. I lost faith with Hummingbird a long time ago, but I heard they were bought out and it seems they are offering up some decent products.......esp for the price. Lots of pixel count and the ads look good. Does anybody have a comment on old vs new with Hummingbird?
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I can't remember who bought Hummingbird. UGGGHH! Anyway...Hummingbird has come a long way. They company used to be concerned with building a low budget, low performing product.

Now that, ?????, has taken them over there products are geared towards great performance at an affordable price. Granted $2,220.00 for the side imaging unit is not affordable for most but it does show the type of technology that HB has brought to the table. I had a 525HB on my 16ft. flatbottom and liked it. You could adjust the sensitivity to where you could see your jig under the transducer. Pretty Good, if you ask me.

The CH...

I'm going to kick myself when one of you mentions who bought them out.

AHHHH! MINKOTA!!! That's who, whheeew...thought I was losing it!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

wish I could cut off the 60 degree signal on mine but the 565 is a great unit... to pinpoint your cover you have to use the sideflasher. it is the 20 degree.. All in all I love the 565 for 199 bucks it is a steal

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich Maker
    I've run Garmin electronics for years, but unless you're in the market for a GPS or combo, it seems Garmin is slowly getting out of the fishfinder business. I lost faith with Hummingbird a long time ago, but I heard they were bought out and it seems they are offering up some decent products.......esp for the price. Lots of pixel count and the ads look good. Does anybody have a comment on old vs new with Hummingbird?
    I kind of have the same issues with Humminbird as you so after a late battle from their side view models I am sticking with the Lowrance LCX27 C Sonar/GPS I have coming now.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson Outdoors owns Humminbird, MinnKota, and Cannon. They also own Eureka tents, Camp Trails outdoor gear and who knows what else. Actually though, Humminbird started building the higher end finders before Johnson bought them. I think Techsonic owned them at the time. They have now tied their depth finders into the Cannon downriggers allowing them to track the bottom contour.
    Last edited by Shellback; 04-08-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i got the 595c w / gps on console and up front they are great ,bought navionics card and was disgusted with the cards
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    i got the 595c w / gps on console and up front they are great ,bought navionics card and was disgusted with the cards
    Does that unit take a card? didn't see a spot on the front? Just wondering because I was looking at buying one of these.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my humminbird for 8 months now and has been sent back for repairs for the 2nd time. I have spent more time cussing it than using it. My next will be Lowrance. I had these units before the humminbird with no problems.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a big Garmin fan for a long time but I just bought a new Humminbird 797c2 w/ side imaging. They are the only one who offers it. So far I am very impressed. I gave up on Birds along time ago but are now are at the top of the game.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast