Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: should I sell my boat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default should I sell my boat ?

I am going through the " should I sell my boat"question . I love to go fishing ....even if I don't catch many fish. I have gotten older and "the pretty lady " says I have to go with a friend. I realize I am a little uneven on my feet and have reached a time when I am not as nimble on my feet. I guess at 78 this comes with the territory. Of course , not much you can do about it. The desire is still there and I am afraid that if I get rid of my boat, I will regret it . I have lots of friends that I can fish with , but will always want to fish like I want to. My boat is mine and is paid for and is exactly what I wanted in a boat. However with the weather, muddy and high water and chances to go fewer and further apart. I guess all that added up to the question :DO I REALLY NEED THE BOAT. I guess there is really not a clear answer. This may be the wrong time to make this decision.....Thanks guys.....trying to think out loud.......crappie1133
    Last edited by "D"; 01-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

keep the boat. a buddy and myself are over 70 and have a great time. look after each other and have fun!!!!!!! may not last much longer............

Post Thanks / Like

keep the boat
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Jman5626, 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the boat. Weather will turn better, find for a teenager that wants to learn to fish, and Kaboom, as Ketchn says, you will be glad you did. I am 71 and lucky to have a brother a couple of years younger to fish with and get the boat ready and in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Gindog, wannabe fisherman, Jman5626, 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know if your in nwtn but im buying a new boat by the end of the month more than welcome to tag along anytime
    Likes 1187mg, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Come to Arkansas we fish every day I'm home
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina
    Likes redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else. Keep it. Like you said, it is "paid for". Unless it is costing you a boat load of money to maintain every year, is an eye sore, or you have little to no space to store it, it probably isn't hurting you to keep it. Even if you can only use it every once and awhile.

I say this: Keep the boat and use it when you can but, dedicate yourself to fish MORE. Even if this means seeking out others to fish with. This does two things... Gets you out on the water more doing something you like... reinvigerates the fire! You might surprise yourself with just how much you use it after that.

Find a young man in the area that appears to have the desire but might not have the means. Off to tutor him. You get a chance to go fishing, have someone younger with you that can HELP you, and you get to pass on your knowledge and skills. Not just fishing but also life in general!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie1133, before going any further, stop. Have you posted on the Virginia board, that you are looking for people to go with you? Also, you mention that you like how you fish. Here is an opportunity to teach others, your style of fishing. And along the way make new friendships. And yes, you might learn some things from them.
    Likes JET4, walker733, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's paid for, keep it
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Jman5626, cevans LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast