HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS......what are yours?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS......what are yours?

My New Year's Resolutions. What are yours?

Mike

Name:  Fishing Things To Do.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  Extra Extra.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  8.6 KB

Name:  New Year.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  49.6 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

ketch ketch AND ketch …...and maybe diet a bit …..kinda round on the edges am I ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes DRFISHDUCK, shipahoy41, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fish more, diet more, go camping, fish for more bluegill, walleye, cats, spoil my pup more.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Send time with family. Love more, laugh more and go fishing when I can..... cause it’s good fer ya!
    Likes "G", shipahoy41, DRFISHDUCK, huntinslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fish more, try to beat my record 17 inch crappie and 12 inch shellcracker.
    Likes shipahoy41, DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish more, take better care of myself & spend more time with family.
    Likes shipahoy41, LowellZ LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

spend more time with the Bible
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish more and vacation more with my wife and live to see 2020 and beyond
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

New Years resolution is “:not going to spend another cent on fishing equipment mentioned by this forum”.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes S10CHEVY, Skippa Chippa, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS......WHAT ARE YOURS?

I guess my New Years resolutions have changed much over the years of my life, but I found a prayer while perusing my Bible studies a week or so ago--that really sort of shook my inner man; I guess because of its foundational connection to how I have grown to feel more and more in my senior years. I actually modified the New Years Prayer / By Geevetha Mary Samuel / December 28, 2018--to better speak to the particular feelings, needs and circumstances of my own life and spiritual journey and was planning to make a plaque, (including this prayer) for my office, but after seeing Brother Mike's thread--"What Are Your Resolutions" I felt that some of you might appreciate my sharing it here--although others might see it as "politically incorrect".

"Heavenly Father, I thank You for the year that has passed and the many blessings You have showered upon me. I beg your pardon in my many impatiences, failings and trespasses and pray that You will make the new year a more fruitful and blessed one, because I know and confess that it all lies wholly within your perfect province.

First: I thank You for every test of time and every trial and tribulation that you have allowed in my life that has brought me stronger in faith and to trust in You and the finished work of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and I give you thanks that You have always heard my prayers. Please bestow on me the gift of a double portion of Your Holy Spirit in the year 2019.

I resolve to: Call upon You O God for Your intercessions, Your guidance and Your light (and lean not upon my own understandings) to illuminate my pathways and to show me the paths that You would have me take. It's through Your Word that I know:

"...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings
    like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:31

In my personal development, as the head of my household, member of the Body of Christ, and even as a drone in this worldly society--I pray to You for improvement in the execution of my duties, responsibilities and in showing love and patience for my brother man--such as Jesus would. I pray that with the help of You O Lord, I will be more diligent, productive and steadfast in all of my contributions, in accordance with Your Will.

I pray that You will keep my eyes, ears and heart from clinging to (or respecting) the things of this world. May it be (instead) that I keep my whole being more fixed on You, O Lord; and that I never lose sight of You-- but (instead) let my love for You and my reliance on You grow more and more every day--and that You bestow upon me, also a genial spirit and unwearied forbearance. Give me a gentle, kind, loving and patient heart and please bless me with more patience and with a pleasant, cordial speech and thoughtful manners in all that I do.

I pray to be true to all in my every word, thought and deed. May I always try to be humble and respectful towards others and in honoring You O Lord all of the days of my life that remain, as You have directed me in your Word--when You said:

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
    Ephesians 4:2

It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that I pray, Amen & Amen"
    Last edited by Special K; 01-01-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Choppus, Zach25, Boa3 LIKED above post
    Thanks kycreek, shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast