Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need west branch info

Post Thanks / Like

Default need west branch info

would like to try fishing west branch.does any one have any info or need a fisning partner?i have a 16 ft. monarck classic with a 9.9 on it.have never fished west branch any info would help.thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe no from the area has contacted you. I don't know anything about the lake except they have an excellent crappie population and good sized fish too. If I were you just start at the fish tree or brush and start fishing. If there is a shallow cove or channel start there. I wish I could help you more.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

CRAPPIEKID99 Guest

Default West Branch Info

Ill Give You Some Info On West Branch.it Is A Good Lake For Crappie Productive Numbers Of Them Also.at This Time Is When You Get Your Nice Crappie.my Nicest Crappie Were A 15 Inch And 14.5 But Ive Been Fishing It For 7 Years.you Need To Get In The Bays Like Jay Lake And By Silver Creek When Water Is Clear The No Wake Side Is Also Good And Fish By Trees Brush Etc.any Cover.see Crappie Tend To Spawn By Temputure.39 Degrees Is When They Are Shalow.thats When There Is Oxygen Rich Water On Top.when The Temp Rises Oxygen Goes Deep And So Do The Fish.use Small Minnows With Plain Hook Or Jig Head With Bobber.in Summer I Fish The Humps In The Middle Of The Lake Where The Shallow Makers Are At.

steelheadbob Guest

Hey Hunter, i grew up on west branch, any weekend you want to fish, let me know......I have cribs all over the place!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hawg,
    I fish WB all the time. Was there Wednesday and I'm going again Sat night through Sunday. What do you want to know.
    For crappie find brush next to deep water and fish IN the brush/willows. If you're not getting caught up you not fishing the right area.
    I use those Mr Crappie or similiar truturn hooks. If you get caught in branches, just snap your pole and break the hook snell. Put another hook back on your snap and you're good to go. No lost slipbobbers.

Steelheadbob, You know me from the other Ohio site. I'd love to go out and show you the crappie structure I know about and you can show me the ones allegedly put out by you know who. You know we can't do that in Ohio!

steelheadbob Guest

Default Hey Opie

I have no ideal what your talking about, i have never in my life sank anything out at west branch:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... Me and Ruminator are heading out to westbranch tomorrow....You know about 4 years ago, i called ODNR and heres what they told me.... They cant give you a ticket as long as the stucture you sink is not harmful to the water, like plastic, black top, any metals and stuff like that!!!!!! As long as you use all wood... Like a X-Mas tree with (clean cement) brick tied to it. and do not put it in a swimming area.He said they can ask you not to do it and give you a hard time about it, but cant give you a dumping ticket for it.
    But i never sank any thing...LOLOL Hey, wahts your screen name on OGF????

lundman Guest

Hi all,
    Where can I buy minnows in the west branch area?
    Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

You can get minnows at West Branch Bait and Tackle on SR 14 just a little bit north of the west end of the lake.
    Another close place is Double K Bait & Tackle on Newton Falls Rd. right where it hits SR 5.
    Both places are pretty good but Double K owner knows and fishes the lake regularly, if you know what I mean.

lundman Guest

Thanks for the help. will give it a try soon.