HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tackle box/bag

Post Thanks / Like

Default New tackle box/bag

Hello everyone,
    Been a while since I posted. Been busy with deer season and holiday. Plus I kinda got discouraged when my boat broke down this summer. But, now I am starting repairs and getting stuff ready for spring.
    Last summer while is was cruising across the lake, the lid of my tackle box must have caught just the right amount of wind because it flew off and wizzed past my head into the lake, unable to be found. So, now I’m looking for a new tackle box. Is anyone aware of any super good deals going on right now? I’m still trying to decide if I want a box or a bag, but I’d like to look at both and compare my options. I didn’t know if there were any great after Christmas sales going on anywhere. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. Thanks!
    Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro also has a big sale on:

Access Denied
    Thanks Jman5626 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/res...bh=1000&h=1000

love this thing. Have probably 75-80 bags of plastic in the bottom and all the jig heads and terminal tackle in the trays above. Leave it on the deck all the time and does not leek.
    Keep on keepin on!!!
    Thanks Jman5626, BDBFishing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like a top loading bag for versatility and Cabela's green advanced angler bags have held up the best for me over time. I've had a red BassPro bag for several years but the material has torn in several places and the zippers have a mind of their own.
    Likes PawPaw Gene, Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks Jman5626 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jman5626 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Been a while since I posted. Been busy with deer season and holiday. Plus I kinda got discouraged when my boat broke down this summer. But, now I am starting repairs and getting stuff ready for spring.
    Last summer while is was cruising across the lake, the lid of my tackle box must have caught just the right amount of wind because it flew off and wizzed past my head into the lake, unable to be found. So, now I’m looking for a new tackle box. Is anyone aware of any super good deals going on right now? I’m still trying to decide if I want a box or a bag, but I’d like to look at both and compare my options. I didn’t know if there were any great after Christmas sales going on anywhere. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. Thanks!
    Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Been there, lost a 3 day old cover for my fishfinder last week. Had just put in a new tach and was so enamored by playing with it that I didn't even notice the wind sweep it out of the boat.

I have a couple Plano bags, one is empty with line, bagged soft plastics, and other junk in it. The other holds 5 plano trays, I keep them below deck so the wind doesn't bother them.
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the bags that hold the trays. I switch them out for what I think I might need for that day. I can take my bag and then add or remove the trays I want. Then if the bag wears out, just get another bag the trays work the same. I have also pulled just one tray and took that before looking to go lightweight.
    Likes Jman5626, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Though I've both would rather have the bag. The same thing happen to me other day. The lid was not lock down and open up on the highway. Lost lot of bags lures that flew out didn't know it was open until stopped to get gasoline. By this time to late scatter bags of lures a long ways.
    LittleJohn

Post Thanks / Like

I just put my lures in Plano boxes and keep them in a big hatch in the boat. Always loaded and ready.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes Jman5626, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've had one of these in Magnum size for several years and love it. Lots of room for boxes and storage.
    Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear
    ​Specktackle
    Proud Member of Team Geezer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast