Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ report

Went to loz this weekend. fished saturday and sunday on the niangua and saw only two other boats the whole weekend. the lake is still very muddy, but the fish were pretty active considering the visibility. we caught our limit on saturday and today we caught 21 in about 3 hours. most were caught in 12-15 ft of water on black/chart and red/chart tipped with small minnows. We fished saturday morning with jigs only and struggled to catch fish, and at lunch went and got minnows and they really helped us fill the boat. it was one cold son-of-a-gun. anyone else fish this weekend?
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Adam, glad to hear that you had some luck. I sure hope that the lake starts clearing up soon. I didnt get a chance to get out this weekend, hopefully I will be able this weekend. I guess you should never leave home without the minnows. Even though I am more of a jigman, but sometimes you just never know.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

My two cents, never leasve home without jigs, minows and niblets. Why cut yourself short! Always give it your best shot!!

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that Bruce! I've got just about every color of nibbles they got now! They all work, just some better than others. :D

Post Thanks / Like

No not in my book, you can keep the nibbles at home on the shelf. There is alot better attracters out there for the money, catch more fish and last longer. I dont leave home without the jigs, beer, and kodiak and sometimes stop and get the minnows on the way there.
    Last edited by TAE73; 01-31-2005 at 08:10 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion