Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greetings

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Greetings

I am new to the forum but would like to say hi to all crappie fishermen.I am from South Carolina around the Columbia/Newberry area.I have been crappie fishing for about 15-20 years.I do not fish tournaments but for the sport and the deep fryer--lol.I spend most of my fishing time in Murray/Greenwood/and Clarks Hill.I do the old reliable spider fishing.I have a grey metalflake Alumnacraft with a Honda 40.If any of you good ole boys see me on the water--stop and lets chew the fat.

Again Hello Everyone.
    undefinedundefinedundefined SCCRAPPIE

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard sccrappie. youve come to the right place to hear what we doing with the crappie, and what we arent doing. feel free to jump in the talks anytime and tell us whats up. times on our side........ we need a good experienced spider rigger to help the newbies gettin set up.. weve had several folks ask about some them lakes recently. especially clarks hill. good to see posters jumping in the fray from other areas to offer their input on the lakes they fishing.. welcome aboard
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello sccrappie. Nice to finally see someone else that fishes Greenwood. I am from Newberry and hardly ever hear any news about G-wood. I fish as much as I can, but not nearly as much as some of these other guys get too. (Maybe one day)!!! It is always nice to hear what others are doing even if it is on Lakes that I have never been to. I have learned a lot from this board. Maybe you can give some pointers on G-wood. I too am a spider rigger usually in the daytime, but from what I am hearing here, I need to be night-stalking. Plan on trying the crappies next weekend. I'll be sure to post hopefully some helpful info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good to have you aboard

I plan on doing some crappie fishing later this year on Clark Hill, good to have someone here that knows a little about the lake. I have been striper fishing a couple of times there. Some friends of mine are thinking about camping out one weekend and doing some crappie and striper fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello SCCRAPPIE,
    Glad to have another Clarks Hill crappie fisherman join us. I might have seen you once. Were you on the Hill back on 1/5/05? We saw a nice looking spider-rigged alumnacraft pass by us while striper fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey procraft, haven't heard from you lately, doing any good on those slabs. We have been doing very bad on crappie, but have been tearing the stripers up. I caught on today that was 13lbs.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Whats up Drill Instructor,
    Got a few slabs the other day but mostly got cold and wet. I need a bigger anchor to stay on top of those brushpiles when the wind is blowing. Haven't gotten a chance to investigate those areas you informed me about yet. I'll get a GPS one of these days. Where you tearing up those stripers, Little River Ga I'll bet. I hear there are more on the lower end of the lake than the upper end.