HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bait Disloger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait Disloger

Anyone have any ideas of a homemade hook disloger?

All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

A snap on weight. Like they use for trolling.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    Anyone have any ideas of a homemade hook disloger?
    A popsicle stick with a notch on one end works just fine. However, I bought mine (very cheaply) off Amazon.

Are you having trouble with crappie or bluegill?
    Likes Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Based on Han's answer, I'm not sure what you're trying to unhook -- a fish or a bait.

Can you clarify?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhook baits for log/ext under water
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a 1 or 2 oz bass weight with the brass eye, use a split ring to attach a locking snap to it. Tie on a length of braid . When hung up just attach snap to line and let it slide down to bait. Jiggle it around just a bit and usually will knock a jig loose. If crank bait get some small chain and attach 3-4 pieces about 6 inches long to the weight and do same thing. Wrap your braid line around a short piece of dowel rod to pull on.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Take a 1 or 2 oz bass weight with the brass eye, use a split ring to attach a locking snap to it. Tie on a length of braid . When hung up just attach snap to line and let it slide down to bait. Jiggle it around just a bit and usually will knock a jig loose. If crank bait get some small chain and attach 3-4 pieces about 6 inches long to the weight and do same thing. Wrap your braid line around a short piece of dowel rod to pull on.
    Or buy or make one of these "plug knockers" :

Name:  plugknocker001.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  53.9 KB

I bought this one back in the early to mid 1970's for around $8.00 .... and it has saved/retrieved enough cranks (even at the $2.50 price tag of back then) to have paid for itself 10 times over. And bare in mind that I haven't even used it more than 1-2 times in the last 20+ years, but that has more to do with my 99% conversion to Crappie fishing from Bass fishing using cranks over the last several decades.

It's basically a piece of metal pipe, filled with lead, and has a copper loop coming out the side of the pipe. There are holes around the bottom for placing the chains (if you so desire to use them) and there's a metal wire loop across the top , imbedded into the lead, for tying your nylon cord on. And FWIW ... the nylon cord and wood slat it's wrapped around are part of the original set.

The supposed purpose of the chains is to become entangled with the treble hooks of the crank, in order to be able to rip the crank loose from brush if the "knocker" weight cannot do the job.

There are also products that are nothing more than extension poles with a "spring" on the end, where you run the spring down the line & "poke" the bait loose. Their only drawback is the length of the pole.
    Likes Gindog, skeetbum LIKED above post
    Thanks Quailtail thanked you for this post