HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Tracker Boat with Low Seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Tracker Boat with Low Seats.

Old guy here...

Searching everywhere for a Tracker aluminum boat with low seats, like the panfish series.

I do NOT want seats sitting up tall like a bass boat, I want them mounted to the bottom of the boat.

Maybe I could take a Tracker with a jacked up platform and rework the deck. Has anyone done that?

No used to even try to talk me into a boat with high bass seats.

Any ideas on a USED boat.... not new? They sure are hard to find.

Thanks
    Likes USMA65 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What size boat are you looking for? I have a stick steer boat, which is what you're describing, that I'd sell cheap. It needs carpet and seats and a steering cable, carb and fuel pump need cleaning, but the motor is has very little use, TM, and hull are in good shape. It's only 14 feet long but it's wide for a 14' boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted a 1648, but will consider others. I will send a pm now.
    Thanks Pondfisher42 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a 16' or 17' boat.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Find a tracker deep vee or a Lund rebel or mr pike. Good boats you sit in, not on. Yankee boats is what I call them.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  1 seat.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  72.5 KB this is an older Crappie Master, the floor is about 14" lower than the compartments around the sides. I have a teller seat pedestal but you can use the shorter one just as well. Like you, I'm older and it's nice to have a place to put your hand if you get one of those dizzy spells from standing up too fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There is an Xpress in classifieds here

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/pers...ready-crappie/

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I recently had the same thoughts.....low seats....safety for an old guy.
    In the summer of 2017 I looked at Craigslist in Minnesota; now I live in TN, so this was not where most would start their search, but I did. I found a boat I liked, an SV-16 with a 50 Mercury ES. So I drove 1123 miles to Duluth. Got there and the boat looked great, but the motor was a disaster, so I passed. Drove all the way home, but I just look stupid, I'm not really (depends on who you ask ;-) ). I actually looked at Craigslist while I was still in MN, and saw nothing I was interested in, so back to TN I came. After two boat-less weeks, I looked at MN Craigslist again.......and there it was! I called the guy, who was a little suspicious, but finally reached a verbal deal. I then drove back with a Lund Pro Pike 16. The boat was sitting 4 miles off the interstate where I had just passed two weeks prior, and was advertised on Craigslist three weeks before, I just overlooked it! My wife and all my friends call it my 4600 mile boat!!! A few weeks later, after suffering much ridicule, I went to the doctor for my annual physical. They normally give me three words to remember at the beginning of the exam, but since I still remembered apple, penny and tree from a year ago, they decided my mind was clear enough for 75 years of age. My wife was sitting there when my doctor came in and asked me how I was doing and whether I had travelled anywhere this summer. When I told him what I had done, he started laughing, and said that's great!!! My wife looked at him and said, why? He told her most men, particularly those physically challenged for years, would never attempt an adventure like that. So what's the moral of my story......go get a low seat Lund, because, as Richard Gene says, it'll be good fer ya!!!
    PS:I just read this to my wife , and she did what all wives do, she corrected me......she says my second trip to MN was not two weeks after the first.....that I returned from the first on a Sunday and left on the second trip on the next Friday. I'm more of a dude than even I thought. But seriously, now would be a great time to look for a Lund where they use them........up north!
    Last edited by USMA65; 12-21-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Likes "G", Hat55, chaunc, Crestliner08, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USMA65 View Post
    I recently had the same thoughts.....low seats....safety for an old guy.
    In the summer of 2017 I looked at Craigslist in Minnesota; now I live in TN, so this was not where most would start their search, but I did. I found a boat I liked, an SV-16 with a 50 Mercury ES. So I drove 1123 miles to Duluth. Got there and the boat looked great, but the motor was a disaster, so I passed. Drove all the way home, but I just look stupid, I'm not really (depends on who you ask ;-) ). I actually looked at Craigslist while I was still in MN, and saw nothing I was interested in, so back to TN I came. After two boat-less weeks, I looked at MN Craigslist again.......and there it was! I called the guy, who was a little suspicious, but finally reached a verbal deal. I then drove back with a Lund Pro Pike 16. The boat was sitting 4 miles off the interstate where I had just passed two weeks prior, and was advertised on Craigslist three weeks before, I just overlooked it! My wife and all my friends call it my 4600 mile boat!!! A few weeks later, after suffering much ridicule, I went to the doctor for my annual physical. They normally give me three words to remember at the beginning of the exam, but since I still remembered apple, penny and tree from a year ago, they decided my mind was clear enough for 75 years of age. My wife was sitting there when my doctor came in and asked me how I was doing and whether I had travelled anywhere this summer. When I told him what I had done, he started laughing, and said that's great!!! My wife looked at him and said, why? He told her most men, particularly those physically challenged for years, would never attempt an adventure like that. So what's the moral of my story......go get a low seat Lund, because, as Richard Gene says, it'll be good fer ya!!!
    PS:I just read this to my wife , and she did what all wives do, she corrected me......she says my second trip to MN was not two weeks after the first.....that I returned from the first on a Sunday and left on the second trip on the next Friday. I'm more of a dude than even I thought. But seriously, now would be a great time to look for a Lund where they use them........up north!
    Yep, there's a surplus of good boats up there.

There's a lot of Lund and Alumacraft models that have an open floor, with the front deck just slightly raised from the rest. Those sound like what OP wants.

The other option is to get a jon boat, gut the bench seats, and install a floor with good bracing from side to side (to replace the rigidity that is lost without benches), then put your seats on. If you can find a Jon factory made without the benches, even better.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast