Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Post from this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Post from this weekend

Here are the biggest from the second day....Sunday AM

We had 7lb 15 oz Striper (on 4lb test I might add) and a 2lb 7 oz crappie.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GABoy; 01-30-2005 at 07:32 PM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

whered you fish gaboy? you catch the striper in fla to? is that real sunshine behind you? good looking catch for sure.... minnows or jigs? trolling or still fishing? im hoping to hit the water a couple days this week.. are the florida fish spawning now? they still in a winter mode up here.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

good striper and a hawg crappie
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We caught both in FL, we went to Talquin.....the sun came out right as we were about to pull out and head home for the weekend....

We trolled with jigs, but heard that the livebait was working excellent as well.

Some are starting to get a little gut on them, but that is about all.....

That striper was A LOT of fun on a 14ft rod too.....I thought I got hung up on a stump or something until that stump started pulling back.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

gaboy, have you ever got into a school of striper when they come up around the boat? we had that happen once back in november, with three of us in the boat. in 45 mins we had 24 hookups with 14 put in the boat. when that happens, it makes you wanna go back
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there....

I can't say that we have ever encountered them quite like that.....mostly, we will just pick out up here or there.....and usually if we get a really big one on, we won't even see it before the line breaks....

They sure are fun though......
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GaBoy...Looks like ya'll caught some pretty nice fish last weekend. I was down that way the middle of last week but the wind was so bad I had to fish up the lake farther than I normally like to...Where do you normally like to fish when you are at Talquin...I notice from the background it looks like you put in at Gaineys...when Rusty saw them 2 lber's did he tell you they looked like the ones he usually caught????

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we usually put in at Rusty's, it is easy to access the entire lake from pretty much anywhere though....but, really where we fish is depending on the weather mostly.....I can give you more specifics after this upcoming weekend.....we have a big CrappieUSA tournament down there this upcoming weekend and don't want to say a whole lot before that is over with.

I will tell you a lot more after next weekend if you would like.

Yeah, I am sure he has caught some monsters out of that lake...it is awesome there...I love it.
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that GaBoy....tournament fishing can be pretty tuff sometimes...did ya'll catch very many fish or just a few big fish....on most of our earlier trips this year we really wore them out pretty good but the fish just didnt' seem to be real aggressive last week...the ones I caught were pretty good fish just not the numbers I'm used to...It seemed to me that there weren't many people fishing down the lake but like I said it was pretty windy....I think I could've done pretty good at Williams landing but the wind just wouldn't let me fish it...I really like fishing that lake to but it's a nightmare on my jig box....

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Nice Fish Georgia Boy!

Man those are nice fish Ga. Boy, What did you catch the crappie on? live minnow and jig? Can't wait for the weather to warm up a little and the spawn to begin.Good luck! Jimmy S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast