Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman State Park - Bank Fishing

AckDaddy Guest

Default Truman State Park - Bank Fishing

I'll be traveling to Truman State Park to camp next week and will not have my boat with me. I'm not familiar with Truman lake at all, can someone point me towards any decent bank fishing around the area? I've been to Truman a couple of times, but with a boat, so I'm concerned about being able to find the fish this trip.

Thanks all...

Post Thanks / Like

If the temps are right, and that's a big "IF" at this time, there is good fishing from many spots at TSP. Just look for weeds or brush in the water. Gravel banks and rip rap are good too.

Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

AckDaddy Guest

Should I stay in the park? Or are there any access roads that offer decent banks to try? I'm am completely green to the area. Google maps isn't telling me too much either.

I'm *praying* that the temps come back to normal (mid-60's) by Thursday and the water temperatures in the coves gets situated.

Thanks all...

Post Thanks / Like

be sure to spray your pants with permaton (?) tick spray. They are/will be bad and the vegatation is getting tall. Also watch for turkey hunters. Good luck, Truman can be tough to fish from the bank-lots of cover...

Post Thanks / Like

Ack, you have a PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, fish the banks close to the marina. If there are any open slips and you can cast in to them you should have some luck. Had to do that a few years back at Long Shoals when my buddy blew is motor up. Ended up limiting out both days.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

be careful there has been a big deal at these marinas with the marina operators running off any one fishing around (Quote--their property and Quote-- their marker buoys---)) it got pretty intense last year at a couple of them...jfyi
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER