Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need help....

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help....

I know less about computers than I do fishing. That's bad. I have been trying to download some of the free software I have been reading about on here. Ad-aware, Spybot, Irfanview, etc. I have Windows 98 & Netscape 7.2. Some of them are supposed to work on Win. 98 but it says Netscape doesn't know how to handle this type of file. One of the options is download to disk or open using some other method. Is there anything I should do, download to a disk or switch to a different browser? Any suggestions without getting too technical, otherwise I might have to call my daughter down here. Her computer has Windows XP, it might work on it.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

I would tell you to get you another computer with XP - but I did that and I am still computer stupid - goood luck - I am sure some of these guys can help
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Ghettoman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman
    I know less about computers than I do fishing. That's bad. I have been trying to download some of the free software I have been reading about on here. Ad-aware, Spybot, Irfanview, etc. I have Windows 98 & Netscape 7.2. Some of them are supposed to work on Win. 98 but it says Netscape doesn't know how to handle this type of file. One of the options is download to disk or open using some other method. Is there anything I should do, download to a disk or switch to a different browser? Any suggestions without getting too technical, otherwise I might have to call my daughter down here. Her computer has Windows XP, it might work on it.
    Change your broswer to microsoft Internet Explorer, and download software and install, and run updates for the ad-ware and spy-boot, when finish just change back to netscape if you feel more comfortable with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Mozilla.org and download the Firefox web broswer. It is fast and does not have pop ups and other junk you get from Internet Explorer

Post Thanks / Like

with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JET4
    Go to Mozilla.org and download the Firefox web broswer. It is fast and does not have pop ups and other junk you get from Internet Explorer
    Thanks, but when I tried to download Firefox I got the same message. Netscape cannot handle this type of file...etc. Haven't tried IE yet, maybe when I have more time I can figure something out.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try This

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman
    When it ask you to download to disk or open using some other method click on using some other method. Then open it with notepad? I cant remember Windows 98 very well but I think notepad will open it for you.

Drift_Wood