Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge Trout Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge Trout Fishing

Not crappie related but planning on being in pigeon forge the week after Christmas and was wondering if anyone has ever been trout fishing in the area? Id love to try to catch a few trout up that way. Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Southern Life Outdoors Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I see lots of people fishing in the waters around and in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Within the town of Gatlinburg there are special regulations on times and dates that can be a little confusing. Pages 28-29 of the Tennessee Sport Fishing Regulations Guide address these regulations. Go to the TWRA website and click on Fishing Guide, not sure how to link here. ET Fish may be able to give you some insight as he mentions using the fly rod from time to time. Good luck and enjoy your stay in the TN Mountains.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just up there but didn’t fish. There is a good creek from Gatlinburg that goes through pigeon forge. Didn’t see many fishing it. Just saw a few fishing at the kid only spot as you come into Gatlinburg where the hatchery is located.

Just a FYI there is Douglas Lake up above Seiverville if you are looking for something more. Don’t know much about it though but supposed to have crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I have never fished in downtown Gatlinburg, I understand it is stocked fairly regularly. I think a special permit is required for Gatlinburg. I usually fish inside the Smoky Mountains, where all of the trout are wild. To fish in the Smokies requires only a fishing license.....no supplemental trout license required. If you enter through Townsend, make a stop at Little River Outfitters and ask for the latest reports. Those guys usually keep up with what’s going on in and around the Smokies.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigerinfielder3 View Post
    Not crappie related but planning on being in pigeon forge the week after Christmas and was wondering if anyone has ever been trout fishing in the area? Id love to try to catch a few trout up that way. Any info would be greatly appreciated
    If you’re on Facebook you can join Trout Magnet Users Group.....I’ll approve you....and you will get all the answers to that question you could want. It has been years since I fished there and folks in the group fish it quite regular and have all the current info.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a 1wt & a 2wt fly-rod when I fish the Smokies. It is the only time I fish with them. 6" Brook Trout are fun on a small rod. I will second ET's suggestion to stop at Little River shop in Townsend. I stay in Townsend when I go. It is called "the quiet side of the Smokies".
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes ET Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A 1 & 2 weight! That has to be fun! Love those Brookies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    If you’re on Facebook you can join Trout Magnet Users Group.....I’ll approve you....and you will get all the answers to that question you could want. It has been years since I fished there and folks in the group fish it quite regular and have all the current info.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    This is a great option! Alphahawk has forgotten more than I know about trout fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    Wow! A 1 & 2 weight! That has to be fun! Love those Brookies!
    Yah it is. Before my brother passed I had quite a few fly rods, more than a few built by him. After he passed I have a whole lot of fly rods. The 1 & 2 wt were kits he intended to build for me but did not get around to it. I had them built by a local rod maker and they are a hoot on little Bluegills and sunfish. I have to be careful because I was fishing a local park which has lots of sunnies with my favorite 3 wt (built by my brother) and managed to hook and land a 3# catfish. I was more worried about breaking the rod than I was loosing the fish. I finally landed it but had to step into the mud bottom of the pond to keep from lifting the fish.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!
    Likes ET Fish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Lived on Douglas lake for 12 years and loved to trout fish the middle prong of the little Pigeon river in Jones cove area from the covered bridge down. This is not in the park and you can use live bait.
    Use half a night crawler on #6 bait hook and use low vis green line 4 or 6 lb worked fine.
    You can walk down by the river past cabins and ve sure to fish the middle to bottom end of each pool.
    TWRA keeps these waters stocked regularly and a limit of 7 trout is usually easy to catch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!
    Likes Lloakley930, squirrel dog LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast