Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ardent Gliss monotex fishing line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ardent Gliss monotex fishing line

I under stand this is a single strand ,extra limp small ,small diameter fishing line. Can anyone THAT HAS USED this line tell me there experiences with it ?

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using it for a year and have been very happy. it has a great feel you can throw a 1/16 jig a mile and vertical fishing has been great. it is not like other lines that fade in the sun and even fall apart.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased some spools of it on clearance and I will offer you a list of pros and cons. Gliss cast better than any line on the market. I have some 8lb test on my bluegill rods and I can cast a 1/64 jig 30 yards. It has a very little diameter and is smooth as butter.It is a very sensitive line and you can feel everything your bait is doing. It does have some cons. First it is not abrasion resistant at all. It does not fray more less shreds length wise with use. At the end of the day I have to cut off the first 5 yards of the line because it shreds so bad. Because it is super slick you have to tie the correct knot with it our else you knot will unravel on you. Wind knots can be issue with it when casting. It really shines when you need to cast a long distance. If your fishing heavy cover or rocks you can expect to do alot of retying. I use for casting very light jigs and fishing bridge pilings. There are much better choices for fishing heavy structure. Unless you to be able cast very tiny jigs I would suggest you skip it. It is not worth the extra cost and nanofil would be a better option. Academy had it's spools of Gliss on clearance and I paid $2.50 a spool.

Post Thanks / Like

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grainraisers description is almost verbatim to my description of the 2lb Nanofil I use. Biggest con is it’s lack of abrasion resistance. I use a 4lb leader about 5’ for that and have no issues. The retie every so often also true with Nanofil. Though I may fuss a little I would never give it up. I have to try some of the Gliss you speak of.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

As stated above the line is extra limp and out cast any other braid I’ve used. However, I stopped sing due to lack of abrasion resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app