HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Spots or Many Spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Spots or Many Spots?

I have enough stuff to make about 25 trees each about 8 feet tall with a diameter of about 6 to 8 feet. I'm wondering if I should put them out in group of 4 or 5 trees together to have some really big spots or since they are of pretty good size should I just go and put them in about 25 different location?
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

More spots in my opinion. Taking into consideration how the wind direction effects the area. Have spots for every scenario.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes scrat, Lonnie84 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie ... I'd do both. I'd run a straight line of 3-4 of them down a deep sloping bank or two (or three) .... make a loose circle on a flat with several of them .... and drop singles shallow & deep (where they're out there by themselves and not very close to any other major stand of trees or brushpiles).
    You know your lake, so you'd know if it produces a thermocline .... and it if does, make sure the deepest ones are set to where their tops are above the normal thermocline depth. You know where the spawning banks are .... so set some out on the first drop away from those banks, so the females have a staging point to hang around. And if your lake is a flood control lake & has a wide depth range between Summer Pool & Winter Pool ... you would want to make sure there was several feet of water over the shallower placed ones (if possible), so as to keep them safely submerged & out of eyeball view.
    Likes scrat, mighty LIKED above post
    Thanks Slabprowler, Lonnie84 thanked you for this post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

With 25 I would make 5 or 6 and listen to pappys advice. Starting in about 12’ down a slope with just enough to have a little separation gives them a chance to get between them and us to get to them. Tight together cuts down on your available space to fish. And we all know how they like that one little spot more than others. Good luck with it and have fun.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post