Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Light comparison video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Light comparison video

Shot this tonight in the yard to show some differences. From left to right... Yeah I know the date on the camera is waaay off. Just don't know how to set it.

BPS 21" submersible http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...11000_100-11-2

Optronics submersible quartz (it melted during the filming)
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...11000_100-11-2

Nucli-Eye Aurora LED light
    http://www.jumpingchollatackle.com/i...tion=item&id=4

Video here... http://members.cox.net/junkmitch/Video%2021.mpg

And here is one showing it boatside...
    http://members.cox.net/junkmitch/Video%2020.mpg
    Last edited by Jumping Cholla Jigs; 04-05-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy. . . .Have to get a couple for sure now!

Post Thanks / Like

The LED is real nice, I like it. If the cost would come down I would consider buying one. The Optronics that melted, was it out of the water at that time?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the BPS one's work good for me for the money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab-happy
    The Optronics that melted, was it out of the water at that time?
    Yes, I plugged it in just for the real quick video and the clear plastic globe started smoking and melted in the few moments it took to shoot the clip.

I knew it was supposed to be used in the water but didnt think a few minutes would hurt it. It destroyed it pretty much. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have a green 2' flourecent 12v. Never had fish show up like that video, not minnows anyway.
    I have seen wierd things come to the light though. One great night we put the light out from a dock over shallow water where we could see the bottom, light sunk to the bottom at around 6'.
    First there was a few small bluegill and fry/minnows of some kind, then after a while, there was a bunch of bb sized red waterbugs by the thousands clouding the water, and the bluegill really came in then, eating those bugs.
    We could see the crappie hovering in the distance at the edge of the light, ocassionally one would hit a glow jig retrieved past it. Then all of a sudden from the murky depths came hundreds of chubs. All you could see at first was the white outline of their lips as they gulped those red waterbugs up, then they were everywhere swimming in circles eating those bugs. We caught a couple just by chance retreving the jig through the school. I wished we could have cast a net out there over them. Could have hauled in hundreds of pounds of those stinky bony trash fish. They are also known as squawfish, or the newer more politically correct name, Northern Pikeminnow. They get upwards to 20" long and a couple pounds.
    We caught dozens of bluegill and just a few crappie. If we'd been out in a boat or smart enough to fish those jigs under a bobber, many more of those slab crappie would have been in our baskets. That was before Crappie.com, so I didn't know how to catch them. Love those night lites!
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I have had bait fish show up and circle around the entire area so thick it looks like you could walk on them. Also they are thick enough to have them continually run into your line so tight lining you think your are getting more bites than you really are.

I am totally happy with the draw power of my 30" long green light (not totally happy with how much it cost), but I mainly want the LED so the battery last longer. I use white lights sometime (the starfire II) and sometime the green one, but 2 of the Starfire II lights run the battery down before an entire night is done. I have had both draw lots of bait fish and I do mean lots. Guess I will have to do a video this summer when I go. You guys will not believe what I see many nights. You can see more on a calm night than a windy night, but there will be so many bait fish that they look like if you stuck a nail down in the water you would stick a fish without even looking.

As far as the Optronics light it is a total waste of money and is not a good quality light IMHO! Would not buy one again. The Starfire II lights work and are OK quality for the money, but I like my green light best so far. Will at some point get the LED one to try, but have to wait as I have spent more than the wife will allow and felt I wanted the LCX 27C more than a good light, LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to give the "Nucli-Eye Aurora LED light" a two thumbs up!!!!!!

I cant afford them, but suey and I went crappie fishing a couple weeks ago and them light ROCK!!!!!!

We drew in so many shad that night, i was snagging shad everytime i pulled my bobber and hook in.

If you guys can afford them i would buy a couple, you wont be disappointed!!!