HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Thanksgiving Day

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on Thanksgiving Day

We all have many thoughts go through our heads and prayers as we sit around together and sit down to eat today. We give thanks for family and prosperity, health and the one thing we all agree on, our freedom. A lot of other things are mulling around in my head the last couple of days, some you might not have thought of for a while. I’ll list a few, and please add your own below.

I’m thankful of the childhood I was able to enjoy. We always had what was needed and attended a good school. My folks worked hard to do for us kids. We were a scouting family and Dad was involved with us along that path. Along this path I as given standards that helped make me who I am.

As the years progressed I was given a deep seated love and respect for Gods Great Outdoors. I think of how life would be if I didn’t have that. It has also brought many friends into my life. These are worth more than any amount of hard currency. For these I am very thankful, don’t know what I would do without them. I was told whe I was in my early twenties that if i finished this life with enough good friends to fill one hand that I was a lucky man. By those standards, I’m way past lucky.

As you might imagine, I’m thankful for the extra time that I’ve been granted. The warning I was given that helped me to seek the help that I needed. The skill of those that did the work and care after the work was complete. About this alone I could go on for a while.

Every day when I roll out of bed, i give thanks for one person. May 29 in 1980 I had a date with the girl across the street. We’ve been together most every day since. By my side through everything the years have delivered. The family we have built and the Grandchildren we now enjoy. Is there any wonder why I feel like I have received better than I deserve?

I close with a Happy Thanksgiving wish that you enjoy your day, and take a minute to think of why you are who you are. Til next time, hopefully on the water......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read Tim ....very well said. Hope you have a great day and may God continue to bless you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice writeup and Happy Thankgiving to you.

Post Thanks / Like

giving thanks for our many blessings is a wonderful thing bro . this great country has given most if not all of us the chance to enjoy blessings others will never know .
    did you know that if you have a total asset value of a mere $90,000.00 U.S. dollars you are in an elite group of people in the entire world ?
    that's right ….the top 10% of the most wealthy individuals on this planet .
    now mind you wealth can be measured by in many ways and to be sure monetary isn't the most important , family and values and the rights we do in this world are what gives up the richness we remember and make us in turn memorable to other individuals .
    so I say this to all of you ...gives abundant thanks to even strangers during our holiday seasons . let differences go to the side and be kind .
    in the end its what will really matters …..
    my 2 cents ...and thanks for the read brother
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks skeetbum, S10CHEVY, CUonthelake thanked you for this post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful post my friend. People need to be reminded to count their blessings and just see what The Lord has done for them. We all have so much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving blessings on you Tim.

Mike

Name:  Thanksgiving 1.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  123.9 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Homewaters LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Brought a tear to my eye Timbo. Thanks for sharing. And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.....Don't eat too much y'all!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes shipahoy41, Homewaters, S10CHEVY, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, and I wish a happy Thanksgiving to all!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a retirement plan...FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said sir. Your post reminded me to be extra thankful today and each day forward. I've had to learn through the years that it isn't fame and fortune that one measures how blessed he is. I've yet to stand beside a casket and hear anyone talking about how big so-and-so's house is.

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire CDC family.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes "G", S10CHEVY, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful Thanksgiving posts, and more ways to be thankful for the life that we have.
    Likes crappiewisdom LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast