Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I have a question for you guys.

tioga Guest

Default I have a question for you guys.

Do the fish wardens in your area come out on the ice to check your license and see what your catching?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. They do at shenango (they will do it just about anywhere) and they did it today at wilhelm. When they come out on the ice, they check everybody, whether its only you and another guy or 50 guys (somewhat like today at wilhelm), they check for your liscense to see that you have one and are legal, and just to get an idea on what is being caught so they can fill out there regional report. Some are even posted in local outdoors news papers, i.e. Pennsylvania Outdoor News. If you have a fishing liscense and you don't have stuff (whether litter or not) laying all over the lake and your not doing anything stupid they usually just check your liscense and then there gone within a minute or so.

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

checked us at the celery farm at shenango lake today. not a good days fishing. 3 of us together caught 6 perch and 5 crappies. put in a full day and thats all we got.

tioga Guest

Why i asked was Saturday we were fishing lake nessmuk ( not a good day a few perch, bluegill, and small crappie). I spotted the fish warden driving by the lake we fished for about an hour after that. We were coming off the ice and we see his truck coming up the road and pulls right in front of us to check our licenses. I can't remember ever seeing him on the ice.
    Last edited by tioga; 01-31-2005 at 07:22 AM.