HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driftmaster comes through once again...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster comes through once again...

David Baynard hooked me up with rod holders for my “new to me” boat. I had just bought a boat from a fellow Crappie.com member that I could crappie fish out of, and also take the wife Scalloping with. Wifey loves to snorkel in the Gulf for Scallops, and as everyone knows, happy wifey, happy lifey!

So I bought a 1720 Key West, and now I had to figure out how to rig it for Crappie fishing. What was I gonna do, how was I gonna set it up. Well, Driftmaster Rod Holders has just the thing. They have specific rod holders that fit into the “Flush Mounts” included in most center console fiberglass boats. The existing flush mount rod holders in the Key West are not designed for any adjust-ability, and there are only four of them anyway. I knew I was gonna need way more than four rod holders on the boat, and Driftmaster had just the thing, Flush Mount T-Bar #T-150. The Driftmasters lock into the “flush mounts” and allow for up to two rods in each. So now I go from four “flush mounts”, to 8 fully adjustable rod holders in the back of the boat. Perfect for long lining. Love it.

Name:  IMG_8267.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  90.8 KB

And on top that I got the "Li'l Duo" rod holders -A two-position rod holder for drift fishing or trolling. It holds rod at 0 or 30 angle. What you can do is, move your rods to the higher position for making short moves with the boat. Then drop your lines quick to start fishing again. Makes those long rods we use much easier to manage.

Name:  lilduo2.gif
Views: 912
Size:  4.6 KB

Driftmaster also had rod holders for the front of my boat that clamp onto the side rails which are on the bow.

Name:  IMG_8703.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  69.8 KB

So in total, I'm set up for 8 rods out back, and four rods out front. This seems to be a great set up for up to 3 people to fish out of my new Key West. So besides having all the regular options for crappie fishing rod holders and rod racks, Driftmaster can set you up if you have a fiberglass center console as well. What a great sponsor.

Name:  IMG_8283.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  158.6 KB
    Guess what Indiana guber is pictured here testing the new equipment.

Additionally, while in SC fishing with Whitey Outlaw and Ronnie Capps, I was able to spend some time with the owner of Driftmaster, David Baynard himself. We did a quick video update about his all new Crappie Stalker Rod Holders.

This makes the individual rod holders infinitely adjustable. I know the pro's are going to individual rod holders to more easily recognize the bite. If you have a "four pack" rod holder like I have, I'm sure you've grabbed the wrong rod (because of all four rods shaking) and missed a fish or two. Individual rod holders take care of that issue, and Driftmaster's Crappie Stalkers now are even more adjustable than they were before. Good job David.
    Last edited by Slab; 11-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

One day gonna get me a setup like that. Very nice equipment.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up....congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, I’m going to remember that when I go to a bay boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice thing about the rail mount setup is that you can move the rod tip closer or further away from the water by just pushing/pulling on the rod holder, which in turn can adjust your depth at least to some degree.

Post Thanks / Like

I owned a 26' Boston Waler, Center console, We fished for every thing out of it. Salt water and fresh water, Can't believe I sold it. You will enjoy yours. I almost forgot, I love scallops!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot, I love Drift Master! have 2-4 pole set ups and 8 singles on my boat. The best rod holders for LL & cranking!

Post Thanks / Like

I called David at Driftmaster earlier this year and told him what I wanted to do and needed to mount rod holders on our new pontoon and he fixed me right up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Billbob is online now Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They work great Driftmaster comes through once again...

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes Herewego LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
    I called David at Driftmaster earlier this year and told him what I wanted to do and needed to mount rod holders on our new pontoon and he fixed me right up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    David is a great guy and will even do custom stuff to make it work.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Herewego LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast