HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Super Lube

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Lube

For 25 years I’ve been using a grease on my reels and guns and anything else with great success. What brought me to it in the beginning was a thumbprint. I had just gotten a Browning lever action 243, and I was like a proud new daddy. Wiped it down and put it away. A work week went by and I pulled it out to get ready for the hunt the next day. To my horror, in the middle of the last side of that beautiful receiver was a rusty thumbprint. I cussed my stupidity and got out the rag and did my best with it. This started me looking for a better option than over oiling and praying for the best. Talking with everyone I could find I was finally directed to a small silver spray can on a counter in a small gun shop. Had never heard of it before and picked it up and started to read and found that one of it’s qualities was a resistance so salt water. Folks, human sweat is salt water. I bought it and haven’t looked back. I took a piece of flannel and sprayed this stuff on it and began wiping down my guns and haven’t had any rust since. It comes out of the aerosol can as thin as WD-40 and travels into tight areas that normally only oil can get to. Once it sits a short while, the carrier, which is like a very thin solvent, evaporates and leaves the clear silicone based grease behind. On my reels and guns, I like to keep them clean and well lubed and maintained. When this gathers dirt from wear or gun powder residue or a long stay in a dusty boat, the grease gathers color. This is my indicator that it’s time to clean out the old and replace with some new after a cleaning. Anyone who has shared my boat has seeen the Shimano Slade model reels that I use a lot. I bought those reels close to 20 years ago and have used them in salt and fresh water both and they are still in action. I gave about $10 each for them. All of them have this stuff inside. This is available in an oil version, grease in a squeeze tube, and the aerosol can. When you find it in the store in the aerosol can, spray a tiny amount on your fingertip and rub it around a little. In just a few seconds you will see and feel it thicken as the carrier evaporates. It’s a great product that has served me well for a long time, and thought that I needed to pass it on. I’m confident it will suit your needs for protecting your gear.......Pass it on ......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes ad1974, blueball LIKED above post
    Thanks Robert Haynes, tlefire, zig zag thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep !! Been using it for a long time .... good stuff !!
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is "Super Lube" the brand name and manufacturer?

For the past couple of decades I've been using a product, on all my guns, called, "EEZOX" CLP (Clean, Lubricate & Protect) spray. (EEZOX also makes a reel lube.) This is the same spray our armed forces use for all their weaponry in foreign conflicts in hot, sandy, dusty battlefields. The carrier in this product dissipates rapidly, leaving behind a very reliable (and dry to the touch) coating of lubricant and protectant. A little goes a very long way. Will not gum up or go rancid. Many leading gun manufacturers use this product, as well as the military.

I will look into this one however. Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using break free for years on my guns and well it works for me. I have learned that before using any guns right before the season clean the excess oils and greases from them and remember less is more while using them as it(oil-grease) attracts dirt,grim.etc. and will freeze up firing pins in really cold weather also.

Be safe and good luck fishing

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Is "Super Lube" the brand name and manufacturer?

What I have is the Multipurpose Super Lubricant with Teflon version. (mine is very old so it's not labeled as such now) My can is same color grey, but the cap on mine is also grey. (not black as in the current product)

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CP, I kept my silver capped can for so many years that the propellant was gone and I had to replace it.

Scrat, I also used that when I played with pistols and it did very well for removing powder residue and nasty build up that was causing malfunctions. The military also uses CLP. Also a good product, but for everything else I use gun scrubber and super lube and have no complaints. The Browning over unders I use get a regrease every trip. The hinge can gall if they aren’t well coated.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using super lube for 15 years and love it. Guns, reels, auto, boat use it for all and never looked back.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it, but I’ll get some now.
    Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Riggs #2 is some good stuff as well .

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use CLP, Hoppes, and never dull. No rust, but dust. I have some 5500Cs collectables with their original leather cases and of course shotguns in case of a forced marriage.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post