Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock Colors

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Colors

I will be fishing a company tournament next weekend on the kings river arm. It is a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish foundation. I have never fished the Rock before and was wondering what colors were good for the clearer water. I will be starting out of Kings River resort. I here the Viola area is good. Any tips or advice would be helpfull. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

pm beagle man or kit papermouth they live in the area and fish t/rock,not sure where the resort you stated is but viola is in the kings river hope this helps---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

The resort is only a mile or so from the viola campground and ramp. On my mapsource map it looks like theres a few nice little coves just south of the Viola area. And a nice channel swing with fallen timber just past the coves. I am going down on Thrusday so may have to use some gas first day and and look around.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming you are talking about a Crappie Tournament.
    On the James River Arm which is stained like the Kings, two colors that work great for me are Black/Char and Orange/Char. If it's a cloudy dark day, dark blue/black and grey are good colors.

Not sure on bass colors.
    In the spring I always throw a #9 Black and Grey Shad Rap if I'm fishing for them.

GL, GF & GB

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a crappie tournament. I was glad to here stained in your responce. I am use to fishing truman and it is always stained at best. I was worried about it being real clear which is something I have not fished before. I had always heard of tough fishing there because of clear conditions. I was looking at my map system again and found a large island with cover and a channel swing at the mouth of the Kings river arm where it meets the White. Looks worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been kicking them on Black/Chartreuse since Feb. Tipped with a minnow.
    Im hardcore Flagpole/Peachtree and point 14/15 and aunts creek....If you cant use live bait... tip it with the smallest walmart swimming minnow(pearl)
    Michaelt /Hrc flooring... Branson West...SpecHunter...
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone. Long time listener...first time caller Mr. Obvious....lol
    Im Hardcore crappie on Tablerock lake (4 days a week) and i go nocturnal after the spawn.... nov. thru may. winter morning fishing ... june- oct. night.
    I have killed this winter(mostly trolling) and will soon be slow rolling spinner baits for bass at night and crappie fishing .
    I`ve tried it all over the years... grew up ice fishing northern illinois waters
    and slaying spring crappie as a kid.... been south most of my adult life fishing Bullshoals , Table Rock, Ark-Dardenell, Truman...Buffalo river... Finally settled on TableRock 5 yrs ago.
    Used (pink )minnows, Jigs, Deep fishing , trolling, bobber, and recently been making my own "mean green" jig heads with big googley eyes from walmart, some fingernail polish and superglue.... I`M the guy with a cooler fulla minnows
    outside his door... owns his own company/2 boats and a bad hereditary crappie addiction.

Looking foward to learning more about other crappie anglers` experiences especially nightfishing crappie...

MichaelT........... I am........SpecHunter...:-}
    :D MichaelT. In the Zone

Post Thanks / Like

We will be down there Friday morning or Thrusday night. We will be in a 18 1/2 ft. gold champion if anybody is fishing around the Kings river arm give me a shout.