HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall is Wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall is Wonderful!

I love the Fall season! Fishing....hunting....sight seeing.....nothing better here in New England. Here's a shot out my front door this morning:

Name:  Fall_2918.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  302.0 KB

Walt & I were all geared up and ready to head out for some fishing this morning. NADA! At 8:00 am the air temp was 28 degrees! By 11:30 am it had only risen to 38 degrees! I don't think so! Too darn cold for these old bones. But it was a very pretty day out there today.

Unfortunately, the next 3 - 4 days it suppose to rain! We just can't get a break. LOL! Hopefully we'll get at least one or two day with temps moderating enough to make it feasible for us to give it a shot. This is the time of the year with the big crappie and big yellow perch come into the Oxbow here to "winter up". Love to get on some of those brutes.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great colors, not so much on raking the leaves but even that isn’t too bad. I miss the changes, mostly this time of year. A friend and I would launch in cold temps but it had to be flat calm. Some wonderful catches came on those days. Sure beat the cabin fever too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Thanks Pondfisher42 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had hopes of getting out myself this afternoon but....as the temperature went up over 55, the wind picked up right along with it. A "later than expected" delivery also put the halt to my hopes so I'll have to hope that the weather has a few holes in it to try to squeeze in a trip some afternoon.
    After reading Crestliner's comments about the extended forecast, I checked too, and it is not looking good.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fall and the cooler temps. As I have gotten older, I have gotten more hot natured! So I always look forward to this time of the year for fishing. Hope it warms up soon for you.
    Jerry "Bo" Bryant
    "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19)

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty tree and nice post, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of trees are those with all the color ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Fall fishing, as well .... but, around here the extended Summer heat has just recently ended, and the weeks of 60-70deg daytime highs never really appeared. When those days of 60+ deg temps have come, they've been bringing rain/wind. I think everything is 2-3 weeks behind schedule around here, or so it seems. Even the leaves on the trees in my neighborhood are still mostly green, with just touches of color starting to appear. The only thing "normal" that's happened .... is it rained during the Trick/Treat hours ... but, even then the temps are still in the upper 60's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    What kind of trees are those with all the color ?
    That one is a sugar maple. In the spring, they are "tapped" for the sap, which is converted into maple sugar candy and syrup. Very popular item up here.

EDIT: They come in a variety of colors, from orange to reds and yellows of various shades. The hills are spectacular.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are way ahead of us as we are just starting to change. I would like it a lot more if not for severe sinus issues . Name:  20181031_154317 (1).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  77.3 KB
    Likes Crestliner08, JayByrd LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A good picture of fall colors. We have been in a rain infected month limiting the amout of fishing here in southwestern NY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast