Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Lake, 4-8-4/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake, 4-8-4/12

Have had a trip planned since i left reelfoot last year after easter. Will be fishing next monday thru thurs. Weather will be a little different (colder) than in recent weeks when an abundance of fish were being caught. Anybody got any suggestions given the change in temp? Last year i was content with jigging around wood and pads, want to have something else up my sleeve to fall back on. I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

Start deep and move in fish will be stagging getting ready to spawn or start spawning in deeper waters. Location will more then likey depend on wind direction and mph!!! And Don't fish next to the crappie monkey he throws minnows and bannana peels at ya !!!
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill Jackson

Just got back yesterday-In a few words after Monday WIND--then Wednesday COLD. Had a good day Monday in 7ft of water 10ft deep Moltrie Field. Fish scattered-Take along a lot if clothes and rain gear,maybe a snow shovel. Have a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

reelfoot lake this time of year should be called little chicago with all the wind, a good source told me spider riging swan basin was limiting out with no real big size but good eaters. hey me throwing minnow out and bananas is just a rumor. whats wrong in chuming those crappie, my grandpa allows said it dont matter who catches them they taste the same especially with potatoe munchers. see ya in 7 days. staying at blue bank any good gill areas for my 4 yr old can get into?
    Master of the Swoop and scoop and minnow getter
    A.K.A EL COCO LOCO

Post Thanks / Like

WE found a big bed just starting up two weeks ago in rag point ditch it was up the ditch where you have an intersection goto the right you'll see a duck blind about 30 ft away you will see two small limbs thats a tree about a 20 30 ft circle strait outthey were stacking up
    MY Daughter My Sailor My Hero
    God bless Them All

Post Thanks / Like

We fished reelfoot April 1-3 it was before the warm front but still had the most luck in deep water. In Buck Basin nailed a few big ones 6 in all from 14- 16 inches real nice fish made my trip. Caught them on Tuesday morning after we were a bit dissappointed about what we had caught up to that time. Hookem Dan'l