Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bottomline 1101 portable fish finder ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bottomline 1101 portable fish finder ?

Any opinions on this unit ? The 9* cone is the only thing that concerns me, if I'm in 10' - 15' of water I'm only going to see 2' - 2 1/2' of the bottom. What I like the the clamp on- clamp off portablity for use on my 10' jon. Any opinions good or bad ? -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 1101 fixed mount fish finder on my 10' plastic Bass Raider I use for small lakes/ponds.

It's the same finder as the 1101 Fishin' Buddy only not in a one piece unit.

It's a decent finder for the money imho.

I took it out and tested it the first day I got it. I used a tape measure, and found that it was within a foot or so in dept read outs up to about 24'.

The temp is darn close too!

As for fish read outs, its ok. In shallow water you do need to be right over the fish for a display, but it helps me find schools of suspended fish and it was worth every penny for what I use it for. I wasnt putting a $300 finder on a $600 boat. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I made my $30 1101 Bottomline unit portable with a 2x4, some plywood, and a piece of PVC pipe. And a door hinge. And some paint and GOOP waterproofing. Saved a bundle and got a pretty nice fishfinder. I have pictures posted of it somewhere in here. Photobucket is down for maintenence right now. Use a little down-home ingenuity and outback shed saved-up this N that's. I didn't buy anything new to make my portable.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

i have a Zebco fishfinder that's portable and effective. It's great for boats or shore fishing. I can let the line out on it and float it around from shore to see what's there or put it on a broomstick type rod and "look" around docks. The display is not high-tech but it does tell you where the fish are and structure types pretty well. There's no temp guage on it but for under a C note it's not a bad unit IMHO. Plus it's incredibly portable and simple to operate. I'd like to know the water temp but since I don't have a boat myself a unit like this suits my needs.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

My Bottom Line Fishin' Buddy II has a side finder mode that I use more than I use the botton finder. I have a Hummingbird Fish Finder that I use on the bottom.