Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thur nite on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thur nite on Wylie

Headed out for the spot I did very well at the last 2 times out. Came around a bend and saw a sight that needed checkin out. There in a little cove was the beast anchored up and full of Rangos. There was big Rangos and little Rangos and boy Rangos and girl Rangos and about 27 rods hangin off the side. I pulled up and said hello and went on my way. Got started just after sundown and quit about 12:30. Caught 12 crappies and 4 catfish about 2 lbs and a bass. Ended up with 8 crappies in the cooler all 10 to 12 inches. Just about half of what I did the last coupla times out. It was a fair amount of fish for the time fished but disappointing compared to last week. Stopped by and checked with the Rangos on my way home. I'll let the Beastmaster post his own results but I thinkI may have a new spot to try,,,,
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

we fished from dark to one thirty last night. water 33 ft deep. everywhere i looked in the boat last night there was a rango kin lifting fish. we wound up with 68 crappie and 20 or so catfish. also a couple of bass and a few brim. one of the bass come straight out of the water and jumped over about a half dozen rods and made a huge mess out of em. with all the lights we had out, we probably pulled the fish out of kunes hole since his bite was slower than usual ...last nights crew has no shame about the number of rods they put out and last night they had every rod in the boat set. i dont see how them brim eat the big minnows we was was using, but they choked em down enough to get the hook in they lip. I told kunes i thought we was catching more slabs than we did the other night, but i was wrong. there was more bigger fish in the cooler last trip, but it was still a good night. there was some pretty nice fish in the cut. id say about 12 or 15 slabs, with the rest running average to small. the usual catch for a summer night. when kunes caught up with me last night he wore a camera out taking photos. i thought he was wanting an autograph, but now i think hes gonna check the photos at the po to see if theres a reward out for any of the motley looking crew he seen in the beast last night. I caught more fish last night than i did last go so i dint go home swolled up like a big toad cause i dint have any action. thanks for the smokies gary. I got a kid wanting a price so you got you a couple customers already if you decide to go in business.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but the pics didn't come out so good. Let me see if I can get this to work.....
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

Default kunes boat

here is a photo of kunes coming in to the beast to check things out
    Last edited by rango; 12-19-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pic of the beast

Attempt number 2. If this doesn't work I will e-mail the pic to Rango for posting. Authorities say the pic is too blurry to be certain, but there does appear to be some "people of interest" on that boat.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

i seen the pic gary. i wouldnt subject the good folks on this board the pain of seeing that one.. we'll try it again shortly and see if we can come up with a better shot Ill keep my shirt on this time.