Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ego Reach Telescoping Net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ego Reach Telescoping Net

I really like this net. It is super lite and is about 10ft long when extended. Had a fit trying to order one over the internet so low and behold I saw where they are made and would you know it is Macon, Georgia the city where I work at. All you Middle Georgia fishermen if you are interested you can get them straight from the factory on Guy Paine Road across from the Armstrong Plant in a Red Brick building on the left side of the road. Ask for Grant he is the owner.

Post Thanks / Like

While I like the net it has several features I feel will be its downfall over time. The net is rated for 5 pounds or less. While I don't for see ever catching a 5 pound crappie it sure bends allot when you put a 2.5 crappie in it. I feel like they should have used something other than a piece of plastic and a rivet to hold the head of the net to the pole.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

I have to tell you I love my net and it's heavy as heck because it's netting is rubber which is better for the fish. However the best part is you don't get tangled in this net at all. In the summer I drop shot some for crappie and I was going crazy using a normal net with tangles since I use Power Pro. However since I went on a got this rubber net the tangles are gone for good and that is a really good thing! It's not so heave I can't use it by my self in my boat with the bed liner I can just run it out while it's on the top of my gunwale and no problem.

I will never go back to a regular type netting.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

To prevent your hook from sticking into your net and to help with all round tangles spray your net with undercoat paint from your local auto parts store. This will coat the net and prevent the hook from sticking into it.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    I have to tell you I love my net and it's heavy as heck because it's netting is rubber which is better for the fish. However the best part is you don't get tangled in this net at all. In the summer I drop shot some for crappie and I was going crazy using a normal net with tangles since I use Power Pro. However since I went on a got this rubber net the tangles are gone for good and that is a really good thing! It's not so heave I can't use it by my self in my boat with the bed liner I can just run it out while it's on the top of my gunwale and no problem.

I will never go back to a regular type netting.

Skip
    Skip, i have the same net. Mine is too heavy for me to use by myself. ONLY because i have this bad shoulder. I bought an Ego net last winter. Haven't used it yet. Hopefully it will be an okay product.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Ego net on ebay. Used it several times and am very happy with it. Wish it did have more than a 5 lb. weight limit, but how many crappie will you catch weighing more than 5 lbs? I love the length of the net.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Skip, i have the same net. Mine is too heavy for me to use by myself. ONLY because i have this bad shoulder. I bought an Ego net last winter. Haven't used it yet. Hopefully it will be an okay product.
    I have a shoulder problem too, but I just put it on the side of my boat and slide it out and then once I get the fish in I just slide it back to me and lay down my rod. Since I started this it has helped. Many a shoulder problem can be really irritating for sure! Using the 10' pole allows me to lift it and the fish slides right on top the water into the net.

Mississippi Slab, it's not the hook that is the trouble it's the weight on the bottom and using the braid it wraps around causing some really bad tangles, but with the rubber net it just slides right out. Every time you have to net a fish he flops around and the braid with the weight on the bottom (drop shot rig) it will tangle on most anything, but with the rubber net it just pulls right out.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone I have heard comment on a rubber net loves it. I've got to get one some time I guess. The only reason I haven't is the vast majority of my fishing is with long poles fishing trees and brush in oxbow or old river lakes and there is not enough line out to use a net at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Weight is the only downfall of the rubber net. Using 3 ways with bottom bouncers for walleye, there a must though. You want to talk about tangles. Especially about midnight. Rubber is the way to go there.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the cost of the EGO net?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast