PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle again

Cane Pole
10-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Well, my saddle anyway.

In process or rebuilding the r/c transducer lift circuit. The china made wires had turned green and white over the past few years and were causing intermittent problems and was also binding up some.

I basically started over with the electronics and am using a microcontroller instead of relay controller. I wrote the control program for the unit during eye surgery recovery. I found it hard to concentrate with a patch on one eye.

Wiring in progress. This keeps me busy and off the streets.

The unit is a modified Da Ducer apparatus from my pal Rickie from Ky.

I did this because "it was there to do". I mostly used junk stuff for parts I had laying around.

skeetbum
10-10-2018, 04:01 PM
Good to see you back doing what we all know you love to do. Fish pictures soon?

Cane Pole
10-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Good to see you back doing what we all know you love to do. Fish pictures soon?

Yes!!!!!!!!! I see fish in my future..

M R Dux
10-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Hoping to see you and Miss Brenda Saturday at the ShinDig.

Glad to see you using that Rocket Science again.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Cane Pole
10-11-2018, 07:54 AM
We will be there Doug. Haven't had crappie in a while. Really looking forward to the shindig.

Ketchn
10-13-2018, 06:16 AM
I was trying to read his palm the other day but the dried crappie slime wouldn't give me a good answer ….but I tend to lean towards yes he is gunna hold some crappie soon ...:Rofl

shipahoy41
10-13-2018, 06:56 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling much better and doing some of the things you like to do. Good fishin to you my friend.

Tracker123
10-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Cane Pole,

Have you fooled with the Arduino units for open source hardware? Those things are way too cool - and cheap!

M R Dux
10-14-2018, 08:52 PM
It was great to have you at the ShinDig. We did miss Miss Brenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Cane Pole
10-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Cane Pole,

Have you fooled with the Arduino units for open source hardware? Those things are way too cool - and cheap!

Yes. I use numerous Arduino shields. This particular unit has two Arduino relay shields. Cheap as you mentioned and work good too.

I have several Parallax BS2 project boards, So I am using it as the controller. Easy programming as this controller is nothing but a sequencer circuit.

sinkermaker
10-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Great to meet you at the shindig and put a name with a face.

Cane Pole
10-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Great to meet you at the shindig and put a name with a face.

Great talking with you. Enjoyed myself.