Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: minnkota ultrex question

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnkota ultrex question

I do not know much about the different trolling motors but wanted to know if the ultrex with ILink is a digital trolling motor where you can set the speed at a specific amount for trolling like 0.8 or 1.1? Can someone answer this question for me please.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The answer is yes and so much more

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a video on a lot of things it could do, it just did not mention that part. Looks like a great trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will do that, but you don't have to have the I pilot link to set specific speeds any variable speed trolling motor will do that. I have the Ultrex I pilot (non link) and with the 20 speeds I can creep along at 0.1mph all the way up to 3mph and any speed in between. The Link is only compatible with Humminbird fish finders.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine, wouldn't be without one going forward.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I knew you did not have to have the link to do that. I know of others that have that, just was not sure about this one. I was aware the link only works with humminbird. I like birds and wanted to mark spots and just let the trolling motor take me directly to it. Do you like the ultrex i pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by Snubby View Post
    Yes it will do that, but you don't have to have the I pilot link to set specific speeds any variable speed trolling motor will do that. I have the Ultrex I pilot (non link) and with the 20 speeds I can creep along at 0.1mph all the way up to 3mph and any speed in between. The Link is only compatible with Humminbird fish finders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    I knew you did not have to have the link to do that. I know of others that have that, just was not sure about this one. I was aware the link only works with humminbird. I like birds and wanted to mark spots and just let the trolling motor take me directly to it. Do you like the ultrex i pilot?
    I love the Ultrex, I didn't see much use for the link considering when I'm following contour lines I am moving slow. Pulling cranks don't hold my interest much anymore and plus most the times doing that I'm fishing flats. You can still record tracks and replay them with the regular I pilot if you find an area you are picking up fish and want to work over. The foot pedal is what makes the Ultrex for me, for single pole jig fishing, dock shooting and I even use it at times when the bite gets hectic spider rigging and I need to keep my hands free.
    Likes need2befishin LIKED above post