Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crooks on the Internet....read this

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crooks on the Internet....read this

I have been checking out the new Canon A710 camera on the internet. I really like it. (Gotta take my fishies pictures as most of you know by now). I Googled up some prices and found all sorts of crooks (shady characters) selling these cameras. If anyone decides to purchase a camera or any thing on line, you should check that business out via the Better Business Bureau. Lots of folks out there are more than willing to take your money. A good deal is not always a good deal.

This is just to inform the uninformed.
    This might save you some grief and money.

You can go to www.bbb.org.
    Click on business (in top left window)
    Fill in phone number or url of business to look up
    Be sure to check the box besides url or phone no.

I usually use the phone number, but either will work.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

did you have a bad experience with one, CP?

Post Thanks / Like

what was the tip off the folks selling the cameras was shady characters?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

ebay is full of them shady characters also.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cannon A710

Hey Cane Pole,

I just bought the A710IS back in Feb off the Net from PC Nation for $178 new with free shipping . If you have an Office Depot near you, they also sell them for around $175. It's a very nice camera and easy to use.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    what was the tip off the folks selling the cameras was shady characters?
    Lower prices than others and a bunch of give aways. Made me suspicious. I went to BBB and checked them out. Sure 'nuf, they are skimming people. Bunch of businesses are running this scheme to get more sales orders from the buyer.

ATTATCHED:

THE DIGITAL EXPO
    1755 Ocean Parkway
    Brooklyn , NY 11223
    View Location Map

Phone Number: (800) 957-6628
    Additional Phone Numbers:
    (917) 852-6536
    Type of Business: Electronic Equipment & Supplies-Dealers
    Membership Status: This company is not a member.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.
    Nature of Business
    This firm currently has pending complaints. Consumers report to the BBB that after placing an order on thedigitalexpo.com, they receive an e-mailing stating that they need to call the company to "confirm" their order. Consumers allege that confirmation call is merely a bait and switch sales tactic to convince the consumer that they will need accessories to operate their camera. When consumers do not agree to purchase more, their orders are cancelled by the company or they are told by the company that their products are on backorder even though the company initially stated the items were in stock.
    Customer Experience
    Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.
    The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The number of complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.
    Complaint Outcome Statistics:

Like I said, always check them out before you buy something. You will be surprised who has lousy customer relations.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    Hey Cane Pole,

I just bought the A710IS back in Feb off the Net from PC Nation for $178 new with free shipping . If you have an Office Depot near you, they also sell them for around $175. It's a very nice camera and easy to use.

Larry
    Have you tried any of the features?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willsjwills
    did you have a bad experience with one, CP?
    No. I just passing out this information.

I haven't decided on what to spend the money on yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cannon A710IS

Cane Pole,

I can just barely use this computer let alone all the features on the camera..LOL

I used it on vacation and took 85 pics and didn't have the first blurry picture. I set it on "Auto" and let the camera do it's thing. All the pics were clear and sharp with vivid colors. It's the best camera I've ever owned I can tell you that.

Got it for a cruise to the Bahamas in June so need to practice with it before then. It's loaded with features but I got it for the "anti-blur" feature. I don't think you can do any better for the price. I ordered mine on a Sunday and had it in my hands Wednesday morning.

Hope this helped!

Larry
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-05-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    Cane Pole,

I can just barely use this computer let alone all the features on the camera..LOL

I used it on vacation and took 85 pics and didn't have the first blurry picture. I set it on "Auto" and let the camera do it's thing. All the pics were clear and sharp with vivid colors. It's the best camera I've ever owned I can tell you that.

Got it for a cruise to the Bahamas in June so need to practice with it before then. It's loaded with features but I got it for the "anti-blur" feature. I don't think you can do any better for the price. I ordered mine on a Sunday and had it in my hands Wednesday morning.

Hope this helped!

Larry

That the feature that I want. My hands shake like a dog passing peach seeds (sometimes). I guess it comes with maturity. haha
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-05-2007 at 06:43 AM.