Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear tomorrow?

Anyone fishing tomorrow? I'm heading to Blackshear despite the front coming through today. I know the crappie will probably have lockjaw, but I will still hopefully put a minnow on their nose. Hopefully the main channel at the tressel and 280 bridge won't be too muddy. Blackshear girl.....I thought I had read you live on the lake? If so, is it muddy? Thanks for any help there. Papasage are you fishing at all? Skillet? Well....if ya'll are out there, I'll be in a red canoe. Stop by and say hi.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    Anyone fishing tomorrow? I'm heading to Blackshear despite the front coming through today. I know the crappie will probably have lockjaw, but I will still hopefully put a minnow on their nose. Hopefully the main channel at the tressel and 280 bridge won't be too muddy. Blackshear girl.....I thought I had read you live on the lake? If so, is it muddy? Thanks for any help there. Papasage are you fishing at all? Skillet? Well....if ya'll are out there, I'll be in a red canoe. Stop by and say hi.
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

got a hair cut:o

Post Thanks / Like

couldnt go had to git tax papers up while the weather was bad. maby next weekin. it seams like every weekin i think i can go something turns up. not the hearcut that was cute . that isent me but i have a brother that even he had to take a second look .

Post Thanks / Like

he is getting it a little close
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hit Blackshear today. Put in at the Veterans park ramp. I stopped by the little bridge in the state park first. Picked up three at 11 " each right off the bat. On an orange glitter and chartreuse tube. Also lost about a ten pound flathead at boatside. He also hit the same tube. Thats two flatheads I have lost on ultralight now at Blackshear. Both hit artificial jigs. Its tough to get them in when you catch them around the pilings. This one frayed the line and it popped as I brought him to the surface. Anyhow, it stopped cold turkey after about thirty minutes there....so I headed to the railroad tressel. I fished behind some of the large circular supports and inbetween the two small circular supports with an old piece of lumber in the middle. Caught five more, but they were all no bigger than about 7 inches. And that was it. I left at 3 to head home. All were caught on the orange and chartreuse tube or a black and chartreuse. They wouldn't touch minnows. I had minnows down in each spot I caught them and not a hit. Oh....for GAboy...I tried trolling in the canoe. I had four rods out for now...only have four rod holders....two more on the way. It worked pretty good. I caught the only three keepers of the day trolling near pilings. I guess the question was what would happen when I got a fish on..would all the jigs drop? Well the canoe actually kind of drifts along for another 15 to 20 feet after the last paddle...so this gives me plenty of time to get the fish in the cooler before the jigs drop. Also I can just go real slow and keep the lines vertical. I was pretty happy about it. Now I just got to be there on the right day (not the day after a front comes through). It was cold out there too. I was the only crappie fisherman within sight around the tressel and the 280 bridge for what I could see. Can't blame me for not trying. It was a pretty day after about noon and I got to sit back a little and watch an osprey show me how to catch fish. Till next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent....I am glad to hear the technique didn't work out too badly then!!

Sounds like you have a plan for a good day then!!

Good luck to you!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Crappster. Haven't had much chance to get out on the lake lately. Seems when it's fairly nice, I've got something I've got to get done, and when I've got spare time, it's terrible weather. Hopefully, things will settle down--work and weather--and I can get back over to Blackshear.