Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shenango Picking Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango Picking Up

just got back from a ride around the lake. 846 access had 2 cars but i didn't see any fishermen (maybe hunting), celery farm lot was stacked and lots of people on the ice, golden run had a decent amounton the ice. can't tell you if they are catching any but i would think they are. i am trying to get a report from a few friends and when i do i will report. gary

Post Thanks / Like

just spoke with my friend jeff. he has had 3 great days at shenango off the golden run area. he was using a jig/rubber minnow tipped with magot. he and his boy got 42 friday, 39, saturday and 36 today he fished approx. from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. all of the crappie he kept were in the 13-14" range. he reports 6" of good, safe ice and only 8 guys out today at golden run area. Stump Jumper

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. Was your buddy straight out from the boat ramp or was he north of the ramp? We were at wilhelm today for the first time and it was kinda slow, but we got 6 keepers. Looks like me and me pappy are gonna have to do a crappie thing this week.

REDNECK

chaunc is online now 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

how did he get up to the launch area? the road was blocked off when we went up that way saturday. Cant drive across the small bridge back there. too much ice everywhere. Did you see how high the water was back there? there's ice, 10 foot high above ground, in the trees. the whole forest back there is like that. beautiful to see and unbelievable to imagine the water was that high this late/early in the year. park in the first lot, on the left, and walk back to see it. wear you ice cleats if you have them.

Post Thanks / Like

jeff parked at the first lot before the 'T' and went directly out to the opposite side of the first island in the channel. stump jumper

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the lake to check it out. About 4 guys behind the island at golden run. The parking lot at the celery farm was full. There were 3 trucks parked at the the swim beach gate, and there were 2 people at the hartford acess. Bill's Field and Stream on rt. 18 is out of bait until sometime tomorrow. He also said that the B.P. at five points is also out of bait as is Fergies up at lake wilhelm. Hope you guys got bait. Ken at bills field and stream said that his sons buddies were fishing yesterday around 846 and they had about 5" of ice. They drilled another hole about 5 feet away and they were standing on about 2" of ice. We talked to a guy coming off the lake at the celery farm and he said there is nothing like that out there (celery farm), so thats were my dad and i are gonna go tomorrow night. He said the fishing was a little slow but he did catch some fish. The guy coming off the lake said about 6" of ice. Will report tomorrow.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

It was very noisey on the lake today at the celery farm. Fished from 4:00 til 7:00 not a bump. Some fish were being caught but everyone that came off the ice said it was very slow. Ice was about 5", the noise probably had the fish in a negitave mood? We left and there were two guys still fishing. We are giving the lake a rest for a while and were gonna hit wilhelm for a while. Bills field and stream still didn't get bait (he said that the bait truck broke down.) And that is the same bait truck that goes to Fergies up at wilhelm. So it shouldn't be long til the bait shops get fresh bait. There were two lanterns at golden run. One looked like it was close to the boat ramp area. The other I'm not sure if it was in the same location or not.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

Went to wilhelm today and got nothing. Came home and there were guys everywhere behind the island at golden run. Didn't fish there though.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

took a drive around the lake at lunch. celery farm was packed with guys, a few guys at the swim beach and many at golden run. i saw cars at 846 access but no fishermen. saw a few guys off of the launch at the camp grounds. the fish must have been doing something, it was really active with fishermen (possible cabin fever?)looked like they were having fun!!! waiting for fish reports from my friend. gary

Post Thanks / Like

spoke with jeff last night. he went out after work (3:30 until 1 hour after dark). he took 1 crappie and 1 largemouth bass. his 2 friends fished all day and hopped around (stump to stump and caught about 1 doz crappie, they didn't catch much while he was with them. jeff said that the fishing appeared slow for the masses of fisherman at the golden run area. he will be going out again all day today and he will report back to me later in the evening. gary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast