Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Cover Recommendations !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Cover Recommendations !!!

I finally broke down and rented an inexpensive slip this year, but I’m struggling to find a cover that fits my new Alumacraft 160 Fisherman. Any of the universal 14-16 foot covers I have previously used either ripped or fit so poorly it drove me insane.

It's here my interested: Brightent Boat Cover

If you're a Brightent owner, would like to hear your experience with the extendable Brightent durability and how they compare to other Boat Covers you've tried.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Post Thanks / Like

try BOATCOVERSDIRECT.COM They've got semi-custom fit for any boat. The one for my old '89 Crappie Master fits pretty good.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've bought the Classic Accessories boat covers for my boat ... which sets outside year around some years ... and the first lasted 3 years before dry rotting and ripping apart. The latest one I have on the boat is nearing it's first full year and still in good shape. My biggest problem is the covers get mold/mildew on the underside (along with the vinyl seats) because the covers are actually made with duel console or runabout style boats in mind & the plastic poles that come with the covers have to be used to "tent" the cover up enough so that rain cannot collect on them and stay for any length of time, because the water will eventually leak through (esp. if the cover rests on any part of the boat interior). I paid around $150 (w/tax) at Sportsman's Whse. for both covers, but the most recent cover seems longer, better made, and thicker material than the previous one. It's supposed to have a 5yr warranty, but I plan on putting the boat in storage this Winter so that it won't be subject to heavy snows/ice during the 3-4month season.
    On a previous boat I rejected that price for a cover & used the plastic tarps/bungies to cover the boat ... but realized after a few years that I was spending nearly the same amount of $$ .... so with this boat I went with the real thing.

Picture is boat covered by separate cover & motor cover (previous cover). Current one covers both 16' boat and 90HP motor (I just don't have a pic of it)
    Name:  003-1.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  66.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Tumac custom covers. Look online. They have templates for all Alumacraft boats. I have a 165 fisherman, a 175 competitor, and a 175 dominator. All have tumac covers. Was recommend buy a dealer some years ago that trusted these over the Alumacraft covers. Mine are on the boat 24/7 including driving 80mph down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

I live about 20 miles from Tumac’s. I took my G3 cover there and had them add a motor cover because the original cover didn’t have one. Very nice to deal with. They have been in business a long time. I remember my dad getting a cover for his Mirrocraft I think back in the early 80’s. Definitely recommend.
    Likes wicklundrh LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have any recommendations for a cover for a Xpress H16DB? I should get it in the first week in December.