Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kerr Lake tips?

Crappiedude Guest

Default Kerr Lake tips?

Hello, I'm planning a trip to Kerr in late April. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on catching slabs,(part of lake , bait, color,etc.)Where do they catch the nicer fish at? Thanks Brian

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crappiedude and welcome to Crappie.Com. I go to Kerr every year in late March for a week and have always done well at the northern end of the lake, especially Buffalo Creek. That time of the year they are usually in pre-spawn areas and we just slow troll thru them using jigs and minnows. What is you home state and where do you normally fish?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I think a bunch of us Carolina guys may be going in March as well - I have not been in a long while - but sounds like a possible social - we still trying to get one done on Wylie - but this crowd loves to fish anytime anywhere
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I think a bunch of us Carolina guys may be going in March as well - I have not been in a long while - but sounds like a possible social - we still trying to get one done on Wylie - but this crowd loves to fish anytime anywhere
    That would be great to meet some of you Carolinians in person. I almost feel like one since I do most my fishing in NE NC. Plus I've got kids in Morehead City and Charlotte. And a gunny sack full of in-laws in Rocky Mount.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

crappiekrazy is a regular on Kerr Lake - you might pm him he can give you some good pointers for that lake
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

n2fishin Guest

Default kerr

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    That would be great to meet some of you Carolinians in person. .

I would be in for a trip to kerr that time frame also. I go a few times a year and normally do pretty good. I live in Chesapeake we will have to go sometime.

Great site by the way