PDA

View Full Version : Kerr Lake tips?

Crappiedude
01-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Hello, I'm planning a trip to Kerr in late April. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on catching slabs,(part of lake , bait, color,etc.)Where do they catch the nicer fish at? Thanks Brian :confused:

Barnacle Bill
01-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey Crappiedude and welcome to Crappie.Com. I go to Kerr every year in late March for a week and have always done well at the northern end of the lake, especially Buffalo Creek. That time of the year they are usually in pre-spawn areas and we just slow troll thru them using jigs and minnows. What is you home state and where do you normally fish?

crap-king
01-29-2005, 05:23 PM
I think a bunch of us Carolina guys may be going in March as well - I have not been in a long while - but sounds like a possible social - we still trying to get one done on Wylie - but this crowd loves to fish anytime anywhere

Barnacle Bill
01-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I think a bunch of us Carolina guys may be going in March as well - I have not been in a long while - but sounds like a possible social - we still trying to get one done on Wylie - but this crowd loves to fish anytime anywhere

That would be great to meet some of you Carolinians in person. I almost feel like one since I do most my fishing in NE NC. Plus I've got kids in Morehead City and Charlotte. And a gunny sack full of in-laws in Rocky Mount.

crap-king
01-29-2005, 07:56 PM
crappiekrazy is a regular on Kerr Lake - you might pm him he can give you some good pointers for that lake

n2fishin
02-22-2005, 11:44 AM
That would be great to meet some of you Carolinians in person. .

I would be in for a trip to kerr that time frame also. I go a few times a year and normally do pretty good. I live in Chesapeake we will have to go sometime.

Great site by the way