HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a black and red WASP sure can sting !

Post Thanks / Like

Default a black and red WASP sure can sting !

them little devils will put a hurt on ya . chase ya down like a junk yard dog and latch on like they love ya . I been had by them lil nasty critters a few times and man are they aggressive .
    case in point ...I got a few hand ties from a gut in west texas that look lots like a red and black wasp . and red and black seem to dominate the little sinking dock I hit once a week .so I said why not ? let me get a short stiff rod and see if the fish like them down there . so I took my lil gx2 Shakespeare I think it is and set out to ketch a few fisheez .
    sure enough I was correct in they would eat it and managed to ketch them from about 4 inches to 14 inches . got my hands beat up pretty good by fins and gill plates and had a pretty precarious fun time on that slippery old dock .
    most of the fish that had size to them other than a pretty good bass were holding at 6 foot down in 10 to 12 fow . the other species and smaller fish were all over the water column and bait and surface activity was abundant .
    below are photos from my hour on the dock was raining when I got there and when I left and of course while I was on the dock it quit ….only got wet coming and going
    hope you enjoy the read and photos
    it was once said to "float like a butterfly and sting like a bee" …
    I adjusted that slightly and to ...…
    dance like a ballerina and sting like a black and red wasp ...
    and yes I KABOOM
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

That sinking dock seems to be quite a nice little honey hole. Nice fish.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and glad you were not stung which is what I thought the title was prepping me for.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  E46A9738-BD4F-4EEF-A637-18662E349B86.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  95.1 KB

Funny you mention that. Took this the other day at work and didn’t know what that was. I asked and they called it a cow killer. Looked it up and found out it is a wasp. Mean and PAINFUL it also said. Sure glad I didn’t aggravate at work!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch....From the thread title I thought you got yourself into some stinging bees,glad to read it was you who did the stinging!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it wasn’t the live kind. Put one of those little stinging things behind me and I will run over anything that gets in my way. Nothing that small should be able to cause so much pain so fast.

That is a real good lookin jig. Looks like maybe a 1/32 and a #6 hook. Compliment the tier for me, very nice work. Clearly the fish think so too. Thanks for sharing that with us.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    Name:  E46A9738-BD4F-4EEF-A637-18662E349B86.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  95.1 KB

Funny you mention that. Took this the other day at work and didn’t know what that was. I asked and they called it a cow killer. Looked it up and found out it is a wasp. Mean and PAINFUL it also said. Sure glad I didn’t aggravate at work!
    yes sir lots of folks think them are ants …..not so and the sting is some kind of ouch ….not to mention you can step on one about 300 times in a row and it will just keep going like nothing happened …...don't ever mess with them things for sure …..
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You certainly were stinging those crappie. Nice job!
    Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job and great read. Although I didn't like the click bait title.
    I was going to post about catching bumblebee's by hand as a kid. The first 4 we're no problem. The 5th reminded me they have stingers. And that was the last one caught by hand.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those red and black Ant looking things -- I take my lock blade knife and make two pieces out of them
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast