HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Heads Up For Parents with Fur Babies (PETS)

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Heads Up For Parents with Fur Babies (PETS)

Here is some info like us, maybe you don't know, and I hope it helps someone who needs it.
    We, My wife and I lost our baby Rosie this week-end to Diabetes induced Liver Failure. Yes Miss Rosie was a FUR BABY.
    Name:  rosie.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  95.1 KB
    She was only 5 yrs old last ST. Patties DAY. Had regular vet. visits, with blood tests, but not one time had anyone said any thing about her having diabetes till this past Thursday when they told us her sugar was over 700. Normal is close to 105-120, same as us. So my advice is get them checked regularly, and have the whole gamut of blood tests done, not what they normally check for, i.e. ring worms. Just a heads up...Eric, AKA< "Jamesdean".
    Last edited by "D"; 09-27-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Likes TN. WATERSHED LIKED above post
    Thanks need2befishin, crp4570 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Im soo sorry for your loss. Thanks for the heads up.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Better watch what the vet gives them for fleas, too. Our dog was on nexgard, and started have seizures! BAD,TOO! took to vet , he told us everything but the truth, I decided to take her off nexgard, with in a month the seizures stopped! she is 2 years old, and hadn't had any in 9 months or so. Not everything they tell you to give them is safe! Were we going to the best vet in this area too, he has been good with my horses, but not with my dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bud who lost a terrier he loved the same way and it was young as well …..my condolences to you
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I love about EVERYONE here at CDC, We Talk to each other and help each other anyway we can. Be it prayers, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, guidance on fishing. What ever is needed we are here for each other, and I thank each and every member on this site for being this way, and all the MODERATORS for helping keep it this way. AND above all I thank SLAB for having this site we all can use and brings us all together. Thank you everyone.... Eric, AKA 'Jamesdean".
    Thanks Slab, "D", Bamafan2277 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

prayers for your loss

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your loss JD. I know too well how pets become part of the family.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing though, others will certainly be helped by your solid advise. I always say, "dogs are people too". I say that somewhat in jest, but those of us with pets, whether they be cats or dogs, know pets are a big part of our lives. I also say, you should not go long without getting another one, as a new one is the best treatment for your loss.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Countryboy N.C., jaxsprat, "D", DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear of your loss too. I just buried one in May of last year due to having a cancerous tumor the vet believes was an aggressive form of thyroid cancer. We never found out for sure... because when she started her downward spiral it all tended to happen pretty quick until we sadly had to put her down. It was a terrible and traumatic time in our lives for sure. It's like slab says... and so many others know... they truly do get to be family members.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss too. I just buried one in May of last year due to having a cancerous tumor the vet believes was an aggressive form of thyroid cancer. We never found out for sure... because when she started her downward spiral it all tended to happen pretty quick until we sadly had to put her down. It was a terrible and traumatic time in our lives for sure. It's like slab says... and so many others know... they truly do get to be family members.
    Yes, We raise them from weeks to months old and some of them end up being very old. They are our kids, our protectors, our companians, our confidaunts, evenour comforters. We worry about them the same as you a child, so why would you not consider them one of the family...just my whole $1.00's worth.
    Likes need2befishin, skeetbum LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast